Thank you "Organized Sourcer" for your question...

I use search engines to find resumes on the web. Other than opening up every link and deciding to save the resume or not [generally in PDF or Word formats] how would you suggest I download all of the results to a folder at once so that I could come back and go through them later. I lose a lot of momentum having to open, browse, save or discard. When I'm sourcing I just want to source!

I can sooooo understand where you are coming from! It is a wonderful thing to go on the Internet and find great candidates for our open assignments, unfortunately, turning that raw data into something we can actually work with can be such a tedious, frustrating, and time consuming task, especially for those of use that are not well suited for that type of work.

You should have been around in the early days of Internet sourcing, when "cutting and pasting" data from the web into Word docs or spreadsheets was about as advanced as we were able to get. Lucky for us...today we have advanced tools to help us turn hours of work into minutes of work.

There are two excellent commercial products that do exactly what you want. They take search results, read the data from each link, capture that data, and then export that data into any number of destinations including spreadsheets, contact managers, and/or databases.

One is Diver by Broadlook Technologies and the other is ResumeGrabber by eGrabber. Each of these programs makes fast work of turning search results into call lists enabling the users to better manage the data and use their precious time much more efficiently.

Yes, there is a cost to use either of these products but that is often offset by the increase in productivity you experience by getting out of the mundane, monotonous routine of opening every search result link as described above.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Views: 43

Reply to This

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service