IRENE S. LEVITT
EXPERIENCE / ACHIEVEMENTS:
2008 – Present
DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCES & RECRUITER (Contract)
PERMISSIONTV, INC., Waltham, MA (A software company that provides a flexible platform for delivering innovative and interactive video experiences on the WEB.)
• Recruit and hire WEB professionals: Project and Product Managers; Sales Executives, Sales Support (Senior Account Directors; Inside Sales/Business Development; Software Engineers; WEB Developers; and, QA by using the Internet to source candidates to potentially save the company $300K annualized in recruiting fees to placement agencies.
• Provide support to managers in dealing with personnel issues.
2007 – 2008
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
TANDEMSEVEN, INC., Plymouth, MA (Consulting firm that specializes in the architecture and development of complex e-Business portals and applications for Fortune 500 companies with a focus on User Interface design. Reported directly to the CEO.
• Served as a member of the Management Team and support the CEO and managers, as the company’s first HR professional, to recruit, screen and hire professionals, nationally, to staff the company’s consulting projects. Hired 22 new employees in one year (CTO, Technical Architects, VP Finance, User Experience Architects, Sr. Director of Marketing, Visual Designers, Front End Developers, Sr. Director of Marketing, VP of Sales, etc.), and 6 contractors.
• Provided Human Resources to establish a comprehensive program that meets audit requirements. Advise the CEO on: terminations, insurance, benefits, conversion of employees from contract to permanent employment; and, dealing with sensitive personnel issues.
• Developed and presented the company’s first Orientation Program. Worked with Sr. Managers to establish a 2 day training for the company’s User Experience Architects.
• Initiated and managed the weekly meeting of the Management Team to provide and update information about staffing the companies consulting projects. Compiled data weekly about current projects, expected sales wins, employee and contractor availability, and a pipeline of potential candidates so that staffing resources were assigned to projects to produce revenue.
2002 – 2007
SENIOR DIRECTOR, GLOBAL HUMAN RESOURCES
Oracle Corporation / Demantra, Inc., Waltham, MA (Oracle acquired Demantra in July 2006. Demantra was a software company that developed solutions in demand management supply chain – SCM, trade promotion – TPM, and marketing analytics).
From July 2006 to January 2007, I worked at Oracle to assist in the transition of former Demantra employees to Oracle. My title/position was Senior Recruiter. My main responsibilities were to recruit, screen, and qualify sales, pre-sales and inside sales professionals for the former Demantra Sales Team and OracleDirect.
AT DEMANTRA MY RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDED THE FOLLOWING:
• Provided the CEO/President and members of the Executive Team with human resources support in the US Headquarters, UK/Netherlands, and Israel offices that aligns human resources processes with business strategies and operating goals. Reported to the CEO.
• Served as an advisor and Business Partner to the President/CEO, works with managers and employees to solve individual and organizational issues.
• Monitored the organizational climate and assisted management in pro-actively ensuring the retention of key talent in the US, Europe and Israel.
• Recruited, screened and hired the following professionals: sales, pre-sales, telesales, implementation/professionals, project and product management, marketing product, direct and communications, R&D, and SVP’S/VP/directors/managers/executives in every department. Utilized the Internet, employee referrals, and direct sourcing saving the company placement recruiting fees.
PAGE 2: I LEVITT
• Developed the following programs - company wide performance management system, comprehensive compensation structure based on job function and bonus eligibility, employee recognition program, Employee Handbook, New Employee Training, facilitated technical training, exit interview, hiring and layoff plans.
• Annually negotiated and implemented the benefit program including: insurances (health, dental, LTD, STD, life, and employee assistance), Flexible Spending (FSA), and 401(K).
• Managed the internal operations and the work environment, including chairing the Move Committee to relocate and negotiate new office space, managed the physical move and vendors to design and furnish the US headquarters office. Negotiated office space in the Israel Office.
• Reported to the CEO/President, served as a member of the Executive Team / Operations Team, supervised and mentored the HR Manager in the Israel Office and administrative assistants in the US.
• Responsible for the due diligence of personnel, benefits and contractors to sell the company. Worked closely with Oracle personnel to close the Demantra office, negotiate space in the Oracle Offices for Demantra employees and supervised the moving of personnel and files.
2000 - 2001
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES, US OPERATIONS (One-year contract)
Keyware Technologies, Inc., Woburn, MA (Belgium owned company that provides software authentication solutions with a focus on biometric technology):
• Developed, integrated and standardized human resources policies, procedures, and benefits, in three US offices that were previously separate companies, including hiring practices, insurance plans, 401(K), employee handbook, performance management, training, compensation structure and job descriptions.
• Recruited, screened and hired strategic sales, marketing, and software engineering personnel saving the Company $400K in recruiting fees by utilizing the Internet, employee referrals, and direct sourcing.
• Provided hands-on employee relations support to managers in the two Massachusetts offices.
• Developed a workflow system in the Internet Division with software engineering, design staff and project manager that established a schedule for customers to make changes to existing Web sites with the result of increasing cooperation between departments.
• Managed two human resources professionals in the Virginia office. Organized and coordinated the reduction of staff in the Massachusetts and Virginia offices.
• Reported to the VP of US Operations.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Six-month contract)
Keyware – Internet formerly Newton Online Business Solutions, currently Embarc, Waltham, MA (Web design and integration firm):
• Developed a professional human resources structure including: orientation program, revised and updated the employee handbook, and provided support to management in dealing with sensitive employee issues.
• Recruited, screened and hired technical WEB professionals (designers and software engineers), sales and project management staff. Reported to the President and CFO.
1999 - 2000
TECHNICAL RECRUITER (Nine-month contract)
Charles River Development, Burlington, MA (Software Company that develops trading and compliance software for the investment and financial industries):
• Recruited, screened and hired software engineers, senior level executives, sales, CFO, VP of Consulting, and consulting / implementation managers and staff saving the company in excess of $350K by locating candidates on the Internet, employee referrals and direct sourcing.
• Created and implemented strategic hiring plans with senior management. Reported to the President and CFO.
PAGE 3: I LEVITT
1997 - 1999
DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES (Three-month contract to start)
Systems Engineering, Inc. (SEI), Waltham, MA (Professional Services Company that develops software solutions utilizing Microsoft technologies):
• Developed and managed all human resources functions including: employee relations: orientation: hiring and terminating staff, and, performance management.
• Recruited, screened and hired Microsoft and WEB technical professionals utilizing the Internet, direct sourcing and employee referrals to manage and staff consulting engagements saving the company approximately $500K.
• Negotiated, implemented and introduced new health insurance and 401(K) Plans saving the company a substantial amount of money.
• Provided guidance to Senior Management in recommending solutions to deal with employee problems and issues. Reported to the President and served as a member of the Executive Committee.
1994 - 1996
Micro Tech Professionals, Inc., Waltham, MA (Recruiting and placement firm that provided contract and professional personnel to high tech and financial companies):
• Recruited, interviewed, and placed technical candidates in contract and permanent positions in software engineering, technical writing, MIS, and course development.
• Contacted managers and human resources to obtain qualified job openings, sourced and presented qualified candidates, negotiated salaries, and, closed placements.
• Participated in trade shows and job fairs to recruit candidates, and presented workshops to professional groups about interviewing techniques and resume preparation.
• Responsible for closing 30% of the firm’s business placing approximately two candidates per week. The company employed a total of 6 Placement Specialists. Reported to the President.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN LIBRARIES:
HEAD OF INTERNAL OPERATIONS: PERSONNEL, BUDGET & FINANCE
Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners, Boston, MA (State Library Agency): Managed the human resources, financial and internal operations of the agency.
Interim State Librarian – Requested by the Board to take this position for 9 months so that the Search Committee could recruit and hire a permanent State Librarian.
DIRECTOR OF LIBRARY INFORMATION SERVICES, C.V. Hogan Regional Center, Hathorne, MA
LIBRARIAN, Massachusetts of Mental Health, Boston, MA
University of Pittsburgh, Masters Degree of Library Science (MLS)
University of Pittsburgh, Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Massachusetts State Agency Management Development Program
PAGE 4: I LEVITT
“Getting that Job: The Interview”, Boston Broadside.
“Managing Change” in Practical Help for New Supervisors, Garten, Edward, Ed., American Library Association.
“Library Pay Classification Practices”, Library Personnel News.
“Guidelines for Job Sharing: An Alternative Work Option”, Library Personnel News.
Department of Employment Security, “Interviewing Skills”
Society of Documentation Professionals, “Where the Jobs Are?”
Society of Documentation Professionals, “How to Work with a Placement Agency”
Boston Computer Society (University of Mass., Lowell Chapter), “How to Get a Job in High Tech”
Massachusetts Writers Association, “Preparing Your Resume”
Northern Society for Technical Communication, “The Interviewing Process”
Vermont Library Association, “Answers to your Personnel Problems”
495-128 Human Resources Collaborative
Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Certificate of Librarianship
PAGE 5: I LEVITT
OPERATING SYSTEMS: NT; Windows (95 and 98); Vista; UNIX; DOS; OS2; MVS; VMS; WEBSPEHERE
APPLICATIONS: Accounting; Advertising; Analytics, Artificial Intelligence; ATE; Authentication; Banking; Biometrics; Business Processes; e-Business; CAD/CAM; Client Server; Collaboration Management; Compliance Systems, Consulting: Data Communications;; Database; Demand Planning; E-Commerce; Education; Email; Electronics; Environmental; Factory Automation; Financial; Financial Services; Graphics; GUI; Hardware; Health Care; Human Resources; Imaging; Instrumentation; Internet / WEB-Based Applications, Portals; Inventory; Investment; Marketing Analytics; Manufacturing; Medical; Messaging; Modems; Middleware (MQSeries, Fusion); Networking; Payroll; Portals; Printers; Portals; Publishing; Real Time; Re-Engineering; Robotics; Security; Semi-Conductor; Server; Supply Chain (SCM); Telecommunications; Trade Promotion Management (TPM); Trading Systems, Video Conferencing; Streaming Video; WEB-based Video; Word Processing; WEB; Voice, Face, and Fingerprint Recognition.