After reading all through the website, I have noticed everyone on here is someone special in there company. I want to be someone that people turn to for recruitment.
I have a franchise in a limited company that specialize for recruitment in the motor vehicle trade, recruiting for mechanics, sales execs and parts advisors and some management roles. I have found that the money is made by head hunting. Which unfortunately i am not very good at it.
Could any body give me and tips on head hunting and is there anybody else on here that recruits for the motor trade.

Any feedback is really appreciated.

Dom

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dom,

As Maren says - Welcome!

Headhunting is about networking with people in the target industry. It hence helps if you have a background in that industry and an address book with telephone numbers to call to see if they "know" of someone. But don't worry if you don't, just build a suitable network.

I have a few contact in that industry, and happy to chat through a few "how to develop your UK network" ideas should you want to.

Good Luck!
Firstly i would like to say many thanks for your time in reading and replying.
This is going to sound silly, but when you talk about a UK network, do you mean my client list...
Any help would be much appreciated; when you say contacts could you discuss this further with me.

I really do appreciate any help

Ian R McAllister said:
Dom,

As Maren says - Welcome!

Headhunting is about networking with people in the target industry. It hence helps if you have a background in that industry and an address book with telephone numbers to call to see if they "know" of someone. But don't worry if you don't, just build a suitable network.

I have a few contact in that industry, and happy to chat through a few "how to develop your UK network" ideas should you want to.

Good Luck!
You need two lists - one client, and one source. Any organisation that becomes a client you don't recruit from (unless you are doing the clients HR Director a favour and getting rid of a difficult employee; or one they want you to replace - so you create the gap); and any organisation that doesn't become a client is a source for you!

You need a network on both sides of the house - clearly there are in most organisation fewer clients than source points, and source points could be individuals you happen to find and they are happy to help.

A quick search notes you are not on many of the well known business SN's - LinkedIn for example which is where I "met" Maren, and now follow on Twitter! You need to change that quickly to start building particularly the source side of your network. Send me over a PM with a suitable eMail address and I can then invite you and give you the promised introductions.

Dominic Sutherland said:
Firstly i would like to say many thanks for your time in reading and replying.
This is going to sound silly, but when you talk about a UK network, do you mean my client list...
Any help would be much appreciated; when you say contacts could you discuss this further with me.

I really do appreciate any help

Ian R McAllister said:
Dom,

As Maren says - Welcome!

Good Luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service