What to do with great resumes you do not have an opportunity for?

I am a prominent Los Angeles recruiter so I get a torrent of resumes. Many are from elite candidates! Although I do pretty well as far as having my own clients I am unable to find a position for everybody. I am curious how other recruiters deal with this scenario? What do you do with a great resume to increase the odds of capitalizing on it? Simply archiving them for a later day seems like a waste.

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I send them to other recruiters/contacts who can help them immediately. A split is always nice, but that's not my motivation, which is probably another reason why I'm not a member of the "Rolex Wearers" on LinkedIn. Tee hee.
sometimes it helps to get used to being super frustrated cause you can't place everyone.
- Send them to clients that you have a long standing relationship with (you'd be suprised - Clients create jobs for the right candidate - I've got paid on a few like that )
- Splits with search firms or recruiters that you've worked with in the past.
- You can post highlights of the candidate resume here on recruitingblogs.com
- Let the candidate in on your contacts within the industry (its not always about the commission )
Thanks for the replies. I guess my question really is what resources out there do you use for sharing resumes with other recruiters / managers who may have openings that I personally do not?
Hmm, good question. I do not share the resumes without talking to them first usually. So, I normally store the resume, parse it into the database, and categorize it, and then circle back when it gets slow ...this helps me stay productive (like around holidays, or if I have everything covered and I can make some additional calls, or if I decide to phone blitz at night or on a weekend). If I have spoken to them and their is a trust level built, I might pass it to a colleague if their is no conflict. I am sure there are websites or networks. I would be curious to know also in case I can help someone at the right time. My space is financial tech mainly. Sorry, I don't think I gave the answer you sought, but wanted to comment anyway. Good luck.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service