Hi i am new to Business Developement filed in Recruitment Industry, so can any one please advice me the process. How to Start and survive in this industry???

Or if you have any material to read and understand????

Views: 835

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Establish a lot of contacts.
I'll make this simple:

Step 1: Get a job as a recruiter for an established agency. Spend 2-5 years learning that side of the desk.

Step 2: After learning the business and better understanding the ups and downs, assess if starting your own firm makes sense.

Step 3: Develop a business plan. Decide what industries you'll recruit for, perm/flex, and what your niche/selling points will be.

Step 4: Launch, but only if you are sure you can recruit in an ethical, efficient manner. There are too many lightweights in the industry giving good recruiters a bad name. Don't do that!

I'm afraid if you are trying to start in business development from scratch, you are endeavoring on a transatlantic voyage on a sinking ship.
Hi Stephen,

To get into the Recruiting business development, you have to have good relation ship with few clients to get business to the company that you join.

will up date you if you have any questions.

vikram
I agree with Stephen that it would be best to learn the recruiting industry before you try Business Development but if that is not an option then go with Daves advice and establish a lot of contacts. Do that by any means possible; phone, e-mail, in person, etc etc

From here I will add that establishing contacts is good but you need to be able to retain them so be sure you have a solid team behind you recruting to fill the positions. If you work your butt off to establish clients and your team is not able to fill their needs then they will move on and all your efforts were for nothing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service