Target companies from a pool of accounts, create and qualify leads, and
ultimately develop the leads into opportunities. An opportunity is
defined as a particular initiative that is budgeted, has an executive
sponsor, solution fit, and a time frame that is less than 12 months away
from vendor selection.
• Help drive attendance to events and may be asked to represent us
at industry events and trade shows.
• Significant role in the execution of the company’s marketing
• Works closely with industry marketing leaders, solution and sales
executives on targeted marketing campaigns.
• Works closely with marketing to respond to inbound leads.
• Responsible for profiling accounts by identifying trends, major news,
and key players.
• Work directly with the account managers, solution executives, and
presales consultants to prospect accounts and develop opportunities. Upon
final approval, the developed opportunity is turned over to the account
manager to further pursue.
• Supports the sales team in the completion and submission of RFIs or
• Requires an individual with a strong understanding of the
business-to-business sales process, preferably in the high technology
• Requires tenacity, intelligence, quick thinking, strong analytical
ability, self-confidence, ability to work well independently,
professionalism, strong organizational and prioritization skills, as well
as attention to detail.
• Strong drive toward attainment of goals is essential.
• Strong overall communications skills are also essential, including
good presentation skills, particularly over the telephone.
Minimum 4 years experience in a corporate environment, ideally in sales
• Strong understanding of the way large businesses operate, the roles
of various departments within a corporation, and have a general
understanding of business processes
• Experience selling to the senior executive level (VP, CXO)
• Good understanding of the sales process
• Strong communication skills are essential
• Highly persuasive individual with the ability to present him or
herself with a high level of credibility and professionalism
• Strong organizational and project management skills, attention to
detail, strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple, competing demands
• Good analytic ability, thoroughness and tenacity are key requirements
• High-energy, enthusiastic, highly-responsive individual willing to
tackle a variety of tasks
• Strong ability and desire to work as a member of a team
• Comfortable spending a significant portion of each day on the
telephone (5-6 hours)
• Ability and desire to work in a constantly-changing, rapidly growing
• Desirable Skills/Experience
• Good general knowledge of the following industries: High Tech,
Consumer Goods/ Retail, Automotive/Industrial
• Enterprise software sales experience is desired