Hi There,

I am new and just tuned in. I am I posting appropriately?

Question: Are you all leaving the contact info. on the resumes of candidates when submitting resumes
to clients?
a. Only if you have a close relationship with the client
b. Only if the client is a VP who you once worked directly for ... but is now at another firm
c. Under certain other circumstances
d. Never

Thanks in advance
Bell

Views: 83

Replies to This Discussion

Don't ever do it.
Uh Oh......I'm going to disagree with our gracious host. I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me!

In "most" situations if you are not comfortable in leaving the contact data on the resume - then you shouldn't be sending it.

Now I realize there are several scenarios like "testing the waters" or "showing a potential client what you've got".....or maybe even just doing a little "marketing" with a great resume. Sure - you don't necessarily want to leave names and phone numbers on.

So the real question is - why are you sending this resume? 99% of the time I am sending a resume because I have an agreement in place to recruit for the person I am sending it to. Once I have that agreement in place I move forward with my service.

Are there companies that will take your candidates name and then try to dig them up on Monster, their own ATS or whatever other source they have at their disposal? You bet! These are the same firms that do not want to pay your fee any way. So whether you leave the name on or not does not change the NATURE of your relationship with them.

So your mileage will certainly vary depending on a multitude of factors. Is this the kind of company who insists you work at a lower than average fee? Are they telling you "If we find your candidate in 'our database' you will not be paid a fee"? There are lots of things that tell me how my potential client values what we recruiters do. By being aware of those "non verbal" messages you can gauge whether or not they plan to take advantage of you or actually use your service and pay the fees.

OK. I'm going to go ahead and post this.......hope I'm not the only one out here trusting my clients until they prove that I can't trust them!

P.S. Maybe it's my market. Or could be the general business crowd I'm in. Can't say for sure - but in over 20 years of leaving name on resumes - I can't think of many times it's come back to haunt me. I might add though - that the vast majority of my candidates are not found on Monster or the other big job/resume boards. I'm sure that might make a difference as well.
once you have an agreement leaving the name on is fine of course but anything else I would strongly recommend not leaving on so your client needs to contact you to move forward with anything and this is how you can use your expertise as a recruiter to move the process ahead.
Jerry,

Thanks. The feedback if very much appreciated.

Ann

Jerry Albright said:
Uh Oh......I'm going to disagree with our gracious host. I hope this doesn't come back to haunt me!

In "most" situations if you are not comfortable in leaving the contact data on the resume - then you shouldn't be sending it.

Now I realize there are several scenarios like "testing the waters" or "showing a potential client what you've got".....or maybe even just doing a little "marketing" with a great resume. Sure - you don't necessarily want to leave names and phone numbers on.

So the real question is - why are you sending this resume? 99% of the time I am sending a resume because I have an agreement in place to recruit for the person I am sending it to. Once I have that agreement in place I move forward with my service.

Are there companies that will take your candidates name and then try to dig them up on Monster, their own ATS or whatever other source they have at their disposal? You bet! These are the same firms that do not want to pay your fee any way. So whether you leave the name on or not does not change the NATURE of your relationship with them.

So your mileage will certainly vary depending on a multitude of factors. Is this the kind of company who insists you work at a lower than average fee? Are they telling you "If we find your candidate in 'our database' you will not be paid a fee"? There are lots of things that tell me how my potential client values what we recruiters do. By being aware of those "non verbal" messages you can gauge whether or not they plan to take advantage of you or actually use your service and pay the fees.

OK. I'm going to go ahead and post this.......hope I'm not the only one out here trusting my clients until they prove that I can't trust them!

P.S. Maybe it's my market. Or could be the general business crowd I'm in. Can't say for sure - but in over 20 years of leaving name on resumes - I can't think of many times it's come back to haunt me. I might add though - that the vast majority of my candidates are not found on Monster or the other big job/resume boards. I'm sure that might make a difference as well.
Thanks. Very much appreciated.

Slouch said:
once you have an agreement leaving the name on is fine of course but anything else I would strongly recommend not leaving on so your client needs to contact you to move forward with anything and this is how you can use your expertise as a recruiter to move the process ahead.

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service