We are growing our team! We are looking for an HR Generalist with a passion for recruiting to join our Phoenix, Arizona office. Manage the Human Resources functions including recruiting and building our internal team, payroll, employee relations, performance evaluations, compensation, benefits administration, conflict resolution, workers compensation for internal staff and contractors, and general company Operations support. A great opportunity to learn hands-on company business operations!
*** The real key to this position is having both a STRONG HR background, able to advise the CEO and management team directly on liability issues, staying up on HR trends and pertinent rulings, AND having a passion for recruiting Sales staff and recruiters for our Phoenix, AZ location AND San Francisco, CA - although this position will be based in our Phoenix, AZ office.
Duties include but are not limited to:
75% Human Resources, comprised of:
* 40% Recruiting for Internal positions ( Recruiters, Sales staff etc.) HR Generalist will act in a lead capacity to provide sourcing capability and recruitment services to build and sustain a candidate pipelines and fill open positions with high quality talent. Conduct interviews and make recommendations to managers as to candidates. Attend job Fairs as needed.
* 35% Administer all HR functions. Including new hires (internal employees and contractors), employee reviews, PIPs, terminations and COBRA, as well as any updates to the company employee handbook.
* Own processing bi-weekly payroll, and commissions, vacation and sick leave accrual report via ADP payroll system. Partner with Staff Accountant on reconciling payroll.
* Manage all company provided benefits including medical, dental insurance, and 401(k) contributions and year-end compliance testing. Act as employee benefits liaison between health insurance carriers and 401(k) provider and process appropriate documents as needed with staff. Change vendors as needed.
* Manage and make recommendations for internal compensation plans (salary, bonus, commission plans).
* Serve as a point of contact for employee issues and conflict resolution.
* Maintain list of standard job descriptions and Hiring processes.
* Maintain company personnel files.
* Provide written and verbal employment verification.
* Assist with special HR related projects in the Accounting Department.
* Administer the company leave of absence including FMLA and ADA.
* Liaise with immigration law firm on visa transfers and new HIB visa applications.
* Manage background check policy or pre-employment testing for all new employees and contractors (tracking client specific requirements.)
* Handle and administer all workers compensation premiums and claims as required
* Organize company events/celebrations/anniversaries/birthdays.
* Manage all risk-related issues. Maintains records in compliance with EEO requirements. Acts as Affirmative Action Manager.
* Coordinate Company Safety Program with specific duties related to safety training and documentation.
* Compensation analysis and evaluation including but not limited to job analysis.
* Other duties as assigned.
25% Operations, comprised of:
* Assist in development of organization's processes, policies, procedures and programs.
* Manage celebrations and partner with Director of Recruiting and Staff Coordinator in Recruiting Team recognition.
* Manage company insurance and certificates of insurance. Partner with Director of Recruiting on maintaining client contract insurance requirements.
* Maintain accurate client contract information and updates. Manage client audits as requested.
* Office space management, dealing with Landlord on issues as needed.
* Bachelors Degree. or other advanced degree preferably in HR or related
* At least 2 years experience working in the STAFFING INDUSTRY (ideal) and working with W2 salaried and contract employees.
* Minimum of 4 - 6 years HR experience in a company of 50+ employees.
* Knowledge of Federal and Multi-State Employment Laws including Arizona and California.
* Process and detail oriented.
* Strong interpersonal, analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Computer literate and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Payroll processing experience ( ADP PayExpert preferred).
* PHR or SPHR certification nice to have.
* Experience working with IT contractors nice to have.