I am currently looking for a Government Contracts Manager in Chicago area. I was wondering if anybody knows of other sources to find candidates for this position other than traditional ones. Here are the qualifications. You can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of this position is to manage and administer contracts for military and government business in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer/government specifications/regulations.
• Ensure that contract activities are in full compliance with legal/governmental requirements to include:
1. Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR);
2. Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR);
3. Other Agency regulations; e. g. Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA)
• Identify and track all deliverables to the Government from all members of the Company Defense, LLC team to assure timely delivery of the items in accordance with the level of quality and the methods expected by the Government.
• Interact with Government and industry officials to include Contracting Officers and Defense Prime and Subcontractors.
• Experience administering Federal Supply Schedules (FSS) and “commercial items” contracts and subcontracts under FAR Part 12.
• Experience negotiating and administering a variety of Government contracts; such as IDIQ, T&M, CPFF, CPAF, etc
• Assist in establishing a “self-audit” policy and procedures and then conducting internal “self-audits” to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
• Complete high-level, complex, special projects and activities. (Support compliance activities related to formation of new entity, support joint venture activity and international partnerships, etc.)
• Stay abreast of current trends, practices and legal requirements in the field of Government contracting and accounting.
• Serves as the primary point of contact with the customer.
• Lead negotiations of contracts and changes with the customer and serves as primary point of contact for Government audits.
• Assist in the preparation of presentations for program and customer reviews.
• BS/BA in Business Administration
At least 10 years experience in government contracts management