Talent Talk Cafe: Week of Oct. 27th - Separating yourself from the Competition AND Does Recruiting belong in HR?

Talent Talk Cafe has two Chats scheduled this week. If you missed the news on our new and expanded format you can read about it HERE.

We now have TWO chats each week. Join us on Tuesday's AND Thursday's at 3pm ET / 12 pm PT.

Join Jerry Albright on Tuesday, Oct. 28th. Jerry covers topics around Agency Recruitment - Relationships and Partnerships. This week he'll be leading a Chat on standing out from the crowd so join Jerry in a live discussion as he asks the question:

In this economy what are you doing to separate yourself from your competitors....?

Join Lance Haun on Thursday, Oct. 30th. Lance covers topics on All Things HR. This week he'll be leading a Chat on HR and Recruitment. Join Lance to explore questions around:

Does Recruiting Belong in HR?
- In most organizations, recruiting falls under HR functionally
- Is this the best place for it? Where would you put it if it weren't under HR?

If you have a burning topic you'd like to see us cover let us know. You can respond to this post or message me directly through RecruitingBlogs.

Have a GREAT week!
Susan

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rochelle! No need to sign up - just show up and join the Chat on the RecruitingBlogs.com home page. Thanks for your interest and glad you'll be joining Talent Talk Cafe! Susan

Rochelle Snyder said:
Do I have to sign up ? I would love to be part of the chat
Thank you
Rochelle Snyder
As suppliers of HR solutions I feel that the recruitment process should be removed from the remit of the HR Manager of a small company because of the amount of time it takes to process an applicant. For a large organisation there could be a dedicated resource who's function is to process applications. But for some small companies the HR Manager may have a duel role making HR management more difficult.

However, according to a recent article in Ireland's Sunday Business Post (2nd November 2008) it states that HR Managers need to get creative in their recruitment process by using new methods to drive down costs and still get their man/woman.

For example, last year in the UK, PricewaterhouseCooper saved £1 million by using online job sites to hire some 1,000 graduates last year, while an Irish software firm recently hired fifty IT engineers without paying any recruitment agency fees.

This combined with online eRecruitment systems on Employers website career portals will reduce the costs in recruiting. Employers may never need to pay for recruitment agencies by utilising their existing candidate database and possible finding the required candidate from within !

To read the full article please visit our website at http://www.kalatechnology.com/news.html

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service