Years ago I took the Professional Selling Skills course offered by Xerox Corporation. Essentialized, it came down to this:

Rather than saying to a sales prospect, “This is what I got, do you want some?” You should say, “What do you want?” When you get a reply, you say, “That’s exactly what I have!”

Yesterday “Slouch” sent me a nasty-gram, to say that he did not like the way I was using RecruitingBlogs.com, which later led to a long and excellent telephone call, in which we each expressed our hopes, fears, reservations, and happiness about what this site is/does/can be.

He suggested that we would both be well served if I started a forum discussion on what Recruitingblogs.com should do for us all—what we want.

I’ll start, but feel free to chime in on what it can do:

1. I hope it will help me understand how the recruiting industry works, in this time and place.

2. I hope it will help me meet people who can collaborate with me—it already has.

3. I hope it will give me the ability to bring my unique problem to the attention of recruiters generally, so that those that can help will help. It was my method in this last, which caused Slouch’s consternation. I pointed out to Slouch that I was only doing what the system allowed, and my activity, to the extent that he objected to it, was only a clear test result from this particular petri dish, which now gives him the opportunity to make changes in the future based on the assumption that all things worth doing are worth improving over time, if we are to achieve our objectives. He did acknowledge that some of my activities had been beneficial, and I certainly hope this forum will serve as a part of being helpful.

YOUR TURN! How can Recruitingblogs.com be more effective for you? What are the results you’re getting from it? What are its strengths, what are its weaknesses?

Views: 49

Reply to This

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service