** I have no affliliation to notchup **

I have been intrigued to watch notchup explode from a traffic and user profile perspective.

You sometimes hear the saying that if you build a good mousetrap for passive talent, that employers/recruiters will follow.

What do you think?

Views: 78

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I wouldn't call it a good mousetrap! Not at all, considering they couldnt handle the traffic. I don't see it working at all. It sounds great to the candidates, but ultimately this isn't going to attract A level passive candidates. They don't want to be bothered and $500 to interivew still takes up a half day and isn't a whole lot of money when you factor the time away from work. I think the candidates who will find this the most appealing probably are not the ones who will be most in demand!

From an employer's perspective, I don't see it working. It sets the wrong tone from the outset if the candidate wants money to interview.... and that is money the company doesn't get back, there's no guarantee that the candidate will want to continue the process and these types of candidates are generally the most difficult to work with anyway.

I think some companies will give it a try, but I don't see this taking off...especially with the direction the economy is going.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service