Does anyone have any insight or thoughts on Nurse recruiting primarily for hospice nurse recruiting. Is it a good field to go in considering the nurse shortage there is still and is it lucrative. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kelley,
I think that hospice nurse recruiting can still be lucrative but I would recommend also branching out to similar industries that incorporate the same skill set in their nurses to ensure you can make a living (assuming that you are doing this as 3rd party recruiter)- ie Long Term Care, Skilled Nursing, Assisted Living, Home Health Nurses.

I recruit for the Senior Care/ Assisted Living industries and Nurse searches are one of the top requests. I have been successful in this area but, like I said, I wouldn't limit myself to one industry if you are just focusing on nurse recruitment.
Good luck to you!
Jodi
Thank you Jody!
Kelley,

I have been working with nurse recruiters in the San Francisco Bay area for the past 4+ years after working in technology and marketing.

Recruiting nurses is a little different than other disciplines. Especially in the home health and hospice field. These nurses are typically more experienced. They are travelling most of the time to visit clients meaning they spend very little time on the internet at work. Reaching them using job boards is pretty difficult, as is finding qualified resumes in their databases.

Do you have any sort of a background in healthcare?

I would be happy to share my experiences and whatever insight that I can offer.

-Max
Thank you yes I do have a background in the healthcare arena. I would love to hear your experiences and insight.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service