I'm putting this out in the network to see if someone can refer me. I have a friend who is in the recruiting industry and has approximately 3 years recruiting experience. He is moving to the Caribbean in the next few months due to his spouse's job. He won't be able to work directly for anyone on the island due to work visa issues. Is anyone familiar with any companies or opportunities that might fit his needs?

Thanks,
Michelle

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What about a virtual recruiting gig? I wonder if he could legally work there as long as his place of employment is US? Of course, it would also depend on whether he could get good phone service and internet service. It seems to vary from island to island from what I hear.

If this is a permanent move, perhaps he could work virutally for a US employer until his work visa comes through on the island. If he cannot find a direct employer, he could possible work self employed for other recruiters as a sourcer, or contract 1099 recruiter for an organization virtually.

Of course, I would find all the lovely ocean breezes and call of the the beach distracting....
Hi Sherry,

Thanks for the thoughts. We have talked about all that. He will be there for quite awhile. I know there are some companies like Spherion and Executive Recruiters Inc., Health Career Agents that allow you to work virtually but I wondered since we get recruited all the time if anyone had heard of anything that might fit his situaton. I also know of another company that allows you to work virtually. This company gives 30% of the placement fee and doesn't pay until the guarantee period has passed. I don't believe that is the ideal situation for anyone. He may just have to become self-employed and join this forum to keep from going island crazy.
Hi Michelle,

Search Wizards places contract recruiters and sourcers for their Fortune 500 clients, and most of their opportunities are virtual roles supporting US based clients. We do have several consultants in similar situations, living abroad, but operating their consultancy through the US (US bank accounts, EIN, corporate entity, etc.) in either a 1099 or corp-to-corp. I'd be happy to discuss it with him if he has any questions.

Leslie O'Connor
Search Wizards
770-736-2668
leslie@searchwizards.net
Awesome! I will pass your information to him.

Thanks,
Michelle

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service