I am new to the blogs, and have been new ways to source and recruit. What I am running into is the same type of sites - almost exaclty as Recruitingblogs.com - with the sites layout and sign up exactly the same. Even the privacy code is the same. Why is this and what are the best sites/blogs to use? I am so confused - with the latest recruiting trends and unemployment rates - I want to be utilizing my time in the most effective manner. From ERE to SOXpros to Opennetworks...they are all the same and I have to go through the same process. HELP! I am new to blogs and sourcing this way.

Views: 118

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jamie,

There is a flood of new recruiting networks being set up on Ning right now. It's easy to set them up and it's easy to get some people to join. To run Ning, it costs me about 25 bucks a month so that I can have the google ads that come standard on every ning site removed.

If I were you, i would look at blogger or typepad or wordpress. These systems will allow you to start your own blog so that you can write about the searches you are doing and your views on the business. The candidates you are looking for will find you and potential clients will all learn of your existence. Over time, you will see benefit.

RecruitingBlogs.com is different than a blog. There are over 3800 recruiters who are members and I am trying to keep the network focused on recruiting issues and discussions. From a networking with other recruiters perspective, I think RecruitingBlogs.com is becoming a great place for that.
Thank you for clarification. I found that many sites are run through Ning and now I need to filter through them for postings and which to use for sourcing and networking.
You answered my question!
Hi, Jamie and welcome to the mix.

You raise some good questions. I suggest two things:

1. Stick around and you'll see why this community -- and we are a community -- is different from the other groups in many respects. Also, we have some interesting things coming up over the next week or two which you won't want to miss so stay tuned!

2. Sounds like you might be ready to have the content you want filtered and fed to you. Its easier than coming online every day and wading through stuff that confuses the picture, especially when you know exactly what you want:

Here are two video tutorials that you might find helpful. I hope so.

The first is about RSS and how to get your content delivered to you. The second is about Google Reader which might help too.

Video: RSS in Plain English

Using RSS Feeds & Google Reader

Good luck!

Ami G.
Thanks Ami!
I will check into both RSS and Google Reader...been reading up on both, just have not applied the info!

Happy Hunting!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service