Richland, WA (200 days sunshine, $183k avg. house price) http://www.visittri-cities.com/
National Security Staffing / Talent Acquisition Specialist
Do you enjoy engaging world class talent every day about employment opportunities? Do you enjoy using a variety of specialized sourcing techniques to identify said talent? Does the opportunity to prevent and counter terrorism and proliferation of weapons of mass destruction sound like something you can't pass up? Are you passionate about building a great career in recruiting? Do you look forward to contacting passive candidates and selling them on change? Then this may be the job for you...
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory's mission in National Security supports the U.S. Government's efforts to protect our homeland, ensure a strong and fast military, and fight proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. Our broad range of scientific and engineering expertise enables us to deliver high-impact, science-based, practical solutions to our clients. Nearly one-half of PNNL's $834-million annual business volume reflects work in National Security programs for the Departments of Energy, Homeland Security, Defense and other federal agencies -- and we're growing fast. Due to our rate of growth we need an additional recruiter to meet our demand requirements. This National Security Recruiter will work with the existing dedicated recruiting support to fulfill that demand.
The National Security Recruiter will collaborate with the existing Senior Recruiter and hiring managers to identify and match candidates to specific needs; perform all aspects of recruiting activities for both internal and external positions (sourcing, screening, interviewing, selection, and closing); utilizes a variety of effective sourcing techniques; performs compensation analysis; make salary recommendations; work to achieve metrics and goals including quality of applicant pools, diversity, number of hires, and time-to-fill; represents the Laboratory at recruiting and diversity events; ensures compliance with all applicable employment laws and policies; develops and manages effective working relationships with Managers, HR staff, and staff throughout the Laboratory; provides direction/guidance to a Recruiter Assistant in the course of performing various recruiting services, and travels as required.
- Bachelor's degree required plus a minimum of five years direct recruiting experience, preferably at a recruiting agency vs. a corporate recruiting environment or an advanced degree plus a minimum of two years of experience is required.
- Five years experiencing soliciting professionals who are happy where they're at and selling them on change. We're not interested in someone who has only escorted candidates who apply through a hiring process, rather, PNNL wants someone who targets people who have not applied to engage their interest.
- Direct sourcing skills. Someone who has the ability to conduct detailed internet research to identify prospective talent for openings.
- Sales ability. Someone who has the ability to sell Pacific Northwest National Laboratory and what we have to offer, and talk openly about making a move.
- MS Office/Computer skills a must.
This position requires a DOE L security clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter in accordance 10 CFR 710, Appendix B. All Security Clearance (L or Q) positions will be considered by the Department of Energy to be Testing Designated Positions which means that they are subject to applicant, random, and for cause drug testing. In addition, applicants must be able to demonstrate non-use of illegal drugs for the 12 consecutive months preceding completion of the requisite Questionnaire for National Security Positions (QNSP).
Note: Applicants will be considered ineligible for security clearance processing by the U.S. Department of Energy until non-use of illegal drugs for 12 consecutive months can be demonstrated.
Other traits we prefer:
- Someone who is not afraid to pick up the phone and make cold calls on a daily basis. In fact, they enjoy doing it.
- Someone who lives, eats, breathes and gets fired up about recruiting. They must think recruiting is fun.
- Someone who understands that recruiting is a sales and consultative position.
In order to reduce cycle time, internal and external solicitations of interest will run concurrently; however, qualified PNNL staff will be given first consideration.