RATP Dev UK is a growing business with 8 subsidiary companies in the UK, providing a range of transport services including contracted and commercial bus services, coach charters, sightseeing operations and the Manchester tram network.
Based in West London you will join a small central team, including the CEO for UK and Ireland. In this newly created role you will support the UK HR Director, working on UK wide projects and initiatives.
This is an exciting role that will require an HR Manager with excellent stakeholder management skills that can build cross-functional relationships in a matrixed environment. Strong influencing skills are critical to collaborate with senior leadership across the subsidiaries and gain buy-in for specific UK wide initiatives.
HR Manager key responsibilities will include:
- Working on people initiatives in order to implement the wider people strategy for RATP Dev UK.
- Providing HR information to business development teams for bid and tender documents.
- Liaising with RATP Dev group in France and co-ordinating the UK response to group HR initiatives, including managing any subsequent implementation plans in collaboration with subsidiaries.
- Managing the recruitment process for roles in RATP Dev UK corporate team, the Shared Service Centre and for senior level posts within UK subsidiaries.
- Coordinating the RATP Dev UK wide graduate programme at group level
- Management of UK employee data and regular reporting on HR statistics to Group Senior Management.
- Act as the hub to share information, knowledge and expertise across the subsidiaries and the local HR teams.
- Provide generalist HR and policy advice to senior business managers, mainly in those subsidiaries without a dedicated HR function.
The Successful Applicant
- Broad HR experience in a project based, consultancy or corporate HR role, preferably with a background in commercially focused organisations.
- Sound generalist knowledge and the ability to adapt 'best practice' to suit organisational processes and values.
- Experience in reporting on HR metrics to senior management teams or Board level and developing action plans to address areas of concern.
- Sophisticated interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, influence and persuade others and adapt personal style to different situations and individuals.
- Able to establish professional credibility, trust and command respect from HR colleagues, business managers, external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Experience of the provision of HR information for bid and tender submission including an awareness of the commercial implications of TUPE is desirable.
- Pragmatic, sensible and able to assess business risks in relation to HR issues.
- MCIPD qualified / degree desirable
What's on Offer
- £45,000 - £50,000 basic salary + standard benefits