Hello,

I am just curious to know what staffing companies do to prepare candidates prior to sending them to clients?

Over the years working on the other side of the table as an HR consultant working with 100's of staffing companies, I noticed not much emphasis was put on preparation...only placement. Noticing this I started a online candidate preparation software specifically with the staffing company in mind called EmployPrep.

I would love to get your feedback. Much appreciated

Kind Regards,

Moshin Manji
Business Partner
Employprep.com

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Moshin,

I meet face to face with my candidates and provide coaching (having been a HR Director before, I have had experiences coaching and use the same skills in preparing candidates). Prior to meeting the candidate, I've already qualified him/her over the phone and have received the ok from the hiring manager (our client) that they are interested in a face to face as well. In my face to face, I go over my insight of the position, I try to give everything I know from the hiring manager's character to what I think about the client's org. culture. I give them tips on what they should discuss, some of the qualities the candidate has that would be an asset to the organization he/she is interviewing at. It puts the candidate at ease and when we depart, the candidate is feeling confident and assured that he/she has the the right skills for this company to sell him/herself. Its relationship building at its best between me and the candidate. That way, if it doesn't work out with the client, at least we both go away feeling good about our connection.

Happy coaching! Deena
Hi Deena,

Thank you for taking the time to provide some valuable information, much appreciated. your process definitely sounds great and does add a nice personal touch to relationship building. In regards to your process, how long on average do you spend per individual when coaching? Does this take away from your day to day and do you provide the coaching session to all candidates?

I would love to know more about your process and fill you in on my experiences as an HR professional working with staffing companies. Many of the ongoing dealings brought on the idea of Employprep. So I left HR and focused my time on building a software that staffing companies can add to their process and further provide to candidates.

Thanks again for your response, much appreciated.

Moshin

DeenaT said:
Hello Moshin,

I meet face to face with my candidates and provide coaching (having been a HR Director before, I have had experiences coaching and use the same skills in preparing candidates). Prior to meeting the candidate, I've already qualified him/her over the phone and have received the ok from the hiring manager (our client) that they are interested in a face to face as well. In my face to face, I go over my insight of the position, I try to give everything I know from the hiring manager's character to what I think about the client's org. culture. I give them tips on what they should discuss, some of the qualities the candidate has that would be an asset to the organization he/she is interviewing at. It puts the candidate at ease and when we depart, the candidate is feeling confident and assured that he/she has the the right skills for this company to sell him/herself. Its relationship building at its best between me and the candidate. That way, if it doesn't work out with the client, at least we both go away feeling good about our connection.

Happy coaching! Deena
Yes, it does take from my day to day, I only do it for the managerial positions and mostly when the hiring manager also wants it done and is looking for my input. It can take 1-2 hours depending on the candidate's q&a.

What you are doing sounds interesting!

Best regards,
Deena
Hi Deena,

Thanks again for your response. Yes, I hear this coaching process can take hours from many of our partners and other staffing companies over the years. your day becomes a juggling act between providing job preparation one one hand and candidate search on the other. It certainly keeps you busy.

We created a software called EmployPrep, which is a candidate job preparation software specifically created with the staffing company in mind. We noticed that staffing companies do very little job preparation or in your case, can't provide training/coaching to all your candidates. so we created a software that a company can fully customize and brand and place on your website. you know have an instant job preparation resource center for all your candidates. They can access e-courses, books, articles,case studies etc. provided off your site from the comforts of their home. We termed this "Branded Learning". For information about employprep go to www.employprep.com. I would be more then happy to provide you with additional information or a software demo.

So far we work with various staffing companies throughout Canada and US. We recently launched our new version and gaining more attention now that the employment market isn't looking too good.

Have a fantastic day!

Regards,
Moshin

DeenaT said:
Yes, it does take from my day to day, I only do it for the managerial positions and mostly when the hiring manager also wants it done and is looking for my input. It can take 1-2 hours depending on the candidate's q&a.

What you are doing sounds interesting!

Best regards,
Deena
Hi Moshin. Maybe you want to let a few people here demo your software. Not sure if you will have any takers but perhaps you will. let me know

Thanks
Hi Slouch,

Thanks for your message. I would be more then happy to offer staffing companies a demo of the EmployPrep software. Unfortunately a proper demo would have to be via web meeting (webex)/phone, which i don't mind providing. This gives us an opportunity to show how the software works from a company point of view and what their candidates would see from the website. How would I be able to get the message out that we can provide demos? We do have a request form on our site. This is new and one of a kind, so trying to build awareness. Staffing companies can also gain some information and see a quick information video or take a tour via our website at www.employprep.com

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for the response.

Regards,
Moshin


Slouch said:
Hi Moshin. Maybe you want to let a few people here demo your software. Not sure if you will have any takers but perhaps you will. let me know

Thanks
set up an event here on the site and then let your network know about it.

Moshin Manji said:
Hi Slouch,

Thanks for your message. I would be more then happy to offer staffing companies a demo of the EmployPrep software. Unfortunately a proper demo would have to be via web meeting (webex)/phone, which i don't mind providing. This gives us an opportunity to show how the software works from a company point of view and what their candidates would see from the website. How would I be able to get the message out that we can provide demos? We do have a request form on our site. This is new and one of a kind, so trying to build awareness. Staffing companies can also gain some information and see a quick information video or take a tour via our website at www.employprep.com

Any suggestions?

Thanks again for the response.

Regards,
Moshin


Slouch said:
Hi Moshin. Maybe you want to let a few people here demo your software. Not sure if you will have any takers but perhaps you will. let me know

Thanks
Hello Moshin,

Interesting business solution to make recruiters more effect and efficient. My concern with automation in our industry is that it takes away from connecting. Recruiting is basically sales and sales basically is building relationships. Automation of a critical process, taking the human element out of this equation would concern me. We manage a process, not candidates or clients, we manage a process to help build relationships to grow and demonstrate the benefit of career growth and the alignment of strategic business growth. I agree with you on your main premise, that staffing firms fail to prep candidates or clients on agendas and areas of focus. The introduction of ATS, Job Boards, Business Networks etc are all hear today because we as recruitment professionals failed to deliver the real value clients look to us for, managing this dynamic recruitment process to a predictable outcome. If your software helps build this relationship with both the staffing firm and their clients, I believe you will have a winner. Our business is all about engagement. I look forward to seeing a demo here and offer you some more feedback.

best regards,

Stephen
Hi Stephen,

Thanks you for your message. I definitely encourage the face to face aspect of recruitment and its perhaps the most effective method of relationship building. Almost all successful business is built on the face to face, but what about the other value-added services required in business. EmployPrep does just that, provides a value-added service to your candidates to go along with the face to face. We call the concept - "Branded Learning". Almost all companies provide swag like a coffee mug to a candidate as they walk in/out the door. The swag provides a method of advertisement and hopefully keeps you in the mind of the candidate. but is there really a return if the same candidate has gone out to a few comapnies and received a few mugs? With "Branded Learning" like EmployPrep, we encourage staffing companies to provide resource to help them prep candidates and best of all it comes off your website. You are giving something of value that may actually bring return, especially with candidates who have all the skills but just can't get through the job interview stage. This is a win-win-win situation for the staffing company, the candidate and the client.

There are many qays in which our current staffing partners use EmployPrep in their day to day business. Here is a list of a few: http://www.employprep.com/content.php?content_id=118 .

I would be more then happy to tell you more about EmployPrep and provide you a software demo.

Kind Regards,

Moshin Manji


Stephen said:
Hello Moshin,

Interesting business solution to make recruiters more effect and efficient. My concern with automation in our industry is that it takes away from connecting. Recruiting is basically sales and sales basically is building relationships. Automation of a critical process, taking the human element out of this equation would concern me. We manage a process, not candidates or clients, we manage a process to help build relationships to grow and demonstrate the benefit of career growth and the alignment of strategic business growth. I agree with you on your main premise, that staffing firms fail to prep candidates or clients on agendas and areas of focus. The introduction of ATS, Job Boards, Business Networks etc are all hear today because we as recruitment professionals failed to deliver the real value clients look to us for, managing this dynamic recruitment process to a predictable outcome. If your software helps build this relationship with both the staffing firm and their clients, I believe you will have a winner. Our business is all about engagement. I look forward to seeing a demo here and offer you some more feedback.

best regards,

Stephen
Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your message, I'm glad you like the idea. I would be more then happy to provide you with a product demo via webex/phone at your convenience. The demo will probably take no more then 30-45 minutes. Let me know which day or time works for you either sometime this week or next.

Have a fantastic day and I look forward to speaking with you.

Kind Regards,

Moshin

Jessica Meher - Akken said:
Moshin,

Neat idea! Very original and helpful. I would definitely like a demo. If you set up an event please let me know.

p.s. I am not a staffing company, but our clients our staffing and recruiting companies who could benefit from your services.

Regards,
- Jessica
MarComm Manager, Akken Staffing Software and Recruiting Software
We provide every bit of information that we can to the candidate. Here is what some of them have to say about our process.

"Kendall, this is exceptional detail... by far, the best interview preparation and assistance I have encountered. I suspect your clients have been extremely pleased and impressed with your services."

"I've worked with a lot of recruiters recently and in the past and this is the most value-added material I've seen anyone submit to me."

"The 'thank you' should be for you and the feedback. It is so nice to work with a professional, when there are so many cut throats in the business."

"It has been an immense pleasure so far in working with Bluespeed. The level of professionalism, timely nature of your services, clear communications, and open dialog are all hallmarks of a well run services firm! "

"I knocked it out of the park. Expect an offer within 10 days. I was well prepared. Thanks for the tip sheets."

"While working with Bluespeed on a 'C' level pursuit, I came to realize that Kendall is a very knowledgeable executive coach, more than a recruiter. He took time to build a relationship with me, understood my aspirations, strengths, motivations and personal interests before he decided to bring me into any of the searches he was working on. Kendall coached me for a 'C' suite position for one his customers. We worked closely throughout the process; he helped me understand the personal side of various executives I'd interact with; he helped with enough information and tips on dealing with company culture, etc. I was impressed with the complete control he was able to exercise over the process. I'd work with Kendall again without hesitation."
Eric,

I'm sure there are a lot of companies in North America that provide exceptional coaching like Kendall.
This is great to hear. But how long does each coaching session take? How much of his day is actully recruitment and coaching/ Does he provide coaching too all his candidates or just a select few.
These are similar issues we have chatted about with may recruiters. Yes, they provide job preparation, but it takes them away from recruitment or they just dont have the time to prepare everyone. Again, we encourage Kendall and face to face coaching. EmployPrep offers a online (SASS) software that goes along with Kendall's coaching or a company who just doesn't have time to prepare. EmployPrep is not a replacement, but a value added service to add to the process.
Eric Gilson said:
We provide every bit of information that we can to the candidate. Here is what some of them have to say about our process.

"Kendall, this is exceptional detail... by far, the best interview preparation and assistance I have encountered. I suspect your clients have been extremely pleased and impressed with your services."

"I've worked with a lot of recruiters recently and in the past and this is the most value-added material I've seen anyone submit to me."

"The 'thank you' should be for you and the feedback. It is so nice to work with a professional, when there are so many cut throats in the business."

"It has been an immense pleasure so far in working with Bluespeed. The level of professionalism, timely nature of your services, clear communications, and open dialog are all hallmarks of a well run services firm! "

"I knocked it out of the park. Expect an offer within 10 days. I was well prepared. Thanks for the tip sheets."

"While working with Bluespeed on a 'C' level pursuit, I came to realize that Kendall is a very knowledgeable executive coach, more than a recruiter. He took time to build a relationship with me, understood my aspirations, strengths, motivations and personal interests before he decided to bring me into any of the searches he was working on. Kendall coached me for a 'C' suite position for one his customers. We worked closely throughout the process; he helped me understand the personal side of various executives I'd interact with; he helped with enough information and tips on dealing with company culture, etc. I was impressed with the complete control he was able to exercise over the process. I'd work with Kendall again without hesitation."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2021   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service