Julia Stone - Recruiting Animal Show

Yesterday, JULIA STONE was my guest on The Recruiting Animal Show. (Listen here)

I asked her why she had such a dark picture on Linkedin. She said the picture was bright; the problem was my age which was affecting my eyesight.

Last week, she called me an idiot.

This girl is really merciless. So, let me know, what do you think about the picture. And, be honest. Julia is one of Recruitingblog's tough mamas and has no time for people who mince their words.

PS: In my humble opinion, the picture is also ridiculously small. If you are going to post a picture of yourself in a one inch square, you might as well make it a close up.

Feedback From Twitter
chuckwestbrook: Not too dark. Poorly lit and too small. And not close enough.
ejobfairs: to dark!

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Animal, too bad OHIP does not cover vision :-) 'Cause it's time for a check-up !!
Small, yes, Dark, no.
Recruitingblogs - Recruiting Animal Show

Want a morning-after photo that looks like this?

OK, anyone who wants to sit for a portrait by Heather at Recruitfest,
please notify me. I'm booking time slots.

Heather Bussing said:
I will be at Recruitfest with my camera and would be happy to take a great picture of anyone who wants one. Let's schedule it Animal!
Rayanne, the current followers are the work of subsequent recruiters.

Rayanne said:
I guess maybe he was... given how many followers he still has.
Isn't that the Ultimate Recruiter? The teacher? The propagandist?

I've often thought that a good recruiter is a propagandist, painting a rosy picture where there is none. "It's a great job. You're gonna love it." How do they know that? Usually the recruiters are not professionals in the fields they are operating in so what they say is pure hearsay.

Rayanne said:
Yes, you are right..., But they were trained well, weren't they?
Animal - you've unwittingly stumbled upon a key difference between average/lame recruiters and those at the top.

Average recruiters tell their candidate the job is great and they're gonna love it.

Top recruiters help their candidates say "The job is great and I'm gonna love it!"

Normally that kind of info would be available only to those sitting in a seminar or buying the training material. But here on RBC it's FREE!!!!!!

Recruiting Animal said:
Isn't that the Ultimate Recruiter? The teacher? The propagandist?

I've often thought that a good recruiter is a propagandist, painting a rosy picture where there is none. "It's a great job. You're gonna love it." How do they know that? Usually the recruiters are not professionals in the fields they are operating in so what they say is pure hearsay.

Rayanne said:
Yes, you are right..., But they were trained well, weren't they?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service