Question of the day: What are some reasons for a candidate to stop communicating with a recruiter once the interview has taken place?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7vzq_SckGV8/TTjgQh1wUnI/AAAAAAAABlM/Q8_XX17bius/s1600/mouth_tape.jpg

In follow up to today's RBC Daily:

Question of the day: What are some reasons for a candidate to stop communicating with a recruiter once the interview has taken place?

Views: 569

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think John hit on the reason that many recruiters have problems with candidates calling them or taking their calls.  Candidates are not children to be told when to call and that they must or need to call.  They are not idiots who need to be called twice a day or even every day to prep them somemore or check their pulse.  It has been my observation that recruiters have been conditioned to be "control freaks" as John says.  Nothing more irritating to an adult than to have someone who is supposed to be their agent not knowing when to serve and sit down and when to play the point.  Nobody wants to talk much if you just lost the point or the game.  Give it a minute and quit hitting redial and leaving messages unless there is a reason like a change of time or a final answer and most people will communicate.  If you irritate the snot out of them while they are busy or trying to make a decision you have about the same warm reception as a fruit fly.

Great question Tim. I think can have a lot to do with what's going on with the hiring company. They can take over and engage the candidate in a way that makes them feel as if they don't need the recruiter anymore. It's not right, but I believe that's an issue that happens and they don't understand the impact on the recruiter. I think level setting with the company first will help negate this from happening. My two cents.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service