Hello.  We are a small, privately held IT Staffing firm and looking to replace our old out-dated candidate tracking system.  After wading through a list of a 140 or so options I've narrowed down my list to:
  • Bullhorn
  • JobDiva
  • Taleo
  • Sendouts
  • Maxhire
  • TargetRecruit
Would love to get feedback from others in the Staffing world on which tools they've used and prefer, what features really stood out that they actually got real world benefit from, customer service, etc.  If you've gone through a migration to one of these tools would love to hear how that went as well. 

Thanks
Jasen
jmorisaki@ibridgesolutions.com
314-872-5644 x 105

Views: 7511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jasen,
I have a two office generalist recruiting and staffing firm in NH. I went with Bullhorn about six years ago and I have not looked back. We increased our capacity to process resumes, create candidate, client, and contact files and track all communications. I feel your pain in making this decision / investment. I went with another software (not on your short list) before Bullhorn and after 6 months of crazyness realized it was not right. Moving to Bullhorn was such a relief. Very intutive, easy to learn, and a incrediable increase in productivity of my team. We have landed a few major accounts since the conversion to Bullhorn and have been very successful growning and managing these accounts. We could not have competed with the the national firms without Bullhorn. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I live in Bullhorn and it really works for me and my team.
Hi Jasen,

I run a speciality search firm and have used several ATS's in my time. We moved to Bullhorn about 5 years ago, and I could not be happier. More importantly, my team is happy and productive. The main thing I'll say about Bullhorn is that - quite simply - it works. It works in an intuitive manner which makes training and onboarding of new employees easier. It is easy to customize, easy to get reports from, and easy to use. It is also very reliable. With very few exceptions over the last several years, it has always been up and running.

As a business owner, I place a high value on ease of use, reliability, and feature set. BH has a very rich feature set, and I find that even after years of working with it, I can tweak my processes to take advantage of new (or newly discovered) features.

The bottom line is that BH is a great overall product. Probably not the cheapest, but I have always felt that I get a fantastic ROI.
Jasen:

I own a small privately held staffing/recruiting firm in Houston which I have owned for 22 years. Two years ago I switched from eEmpAct to Bullhorn and I am very happy about that decision. Bullhorn is perfect for us because it's on demand, web based so it's accessible anytime, anywhere which enables me to travel and keep up with everything that's happening in our office at all times. The system allows us to integrate email, calendaring, sourcing, applicant tracking, job order management and lead generation in real time and allows for constant communication for everyone in the company. The other feature which is very nice is the custom reporting feature. I have had several custom reports created to track the numbers that I want tracked in the way that I want to see them - I don't have to follow a cookie cutter version of reporting. They also have a new 360 reporting feature which I am anxious to try. Good luck with your decision. I'd be happy to talk with you about this if you would like. You can contact me at 713-935-0009.
Looks like somebody came through here with the Bullhorn stick. FWIW, I can easily line up 15 (or 50) testimonials to swear that PCRecruiter is the greatest product ever conceived, and that if you do not use it, inevitable chemical addiction, divorce, bankruptcy, and homelessness will follow. This thread is kaput- hijacked that is.......
Hey Marty, it's funny, last night at about 1:30 I was thinking and was going to make the same comment. I decided not to because I think it's pretty obvious when you read it and look at when some of the people joined and then commented. I think and hope that people are smart enough to recognize when this sort of thing comes rolling through town.


Martin H.Snyder said:
Looks like somebody came through here with the Bullhorn stick. FWIW, I can easily line up 15 (or 50) testimonials to swear that PCRecruiter is the greatest product ever conceived, and that if you do not use it, inevitable chemical addiction, divorce, bankruptcy, and homelessness will follow. This thread is kaput- hijacked that is.......
I have a similar sentiment as Denise's comment. We have been using Bullhorn for a little over 5 years and have had a very positive experience. Though truly a recruiting engine, it works well on the client side. Integration with e-mail, calendar, tasks, etc. has been a key feature in our ability to work as a single company spread across the country as well as servicing clients/candidates willing to work anywhere. Bullhorn is also continuing to enhance their API suite which allows for full integration with websites, other vendors you may works with, etc. We post all of our jobs on our website as well as several other boards and candidates can update their profile, apply to jobs, etc. and it all reflects in realtime in Bullhorn. I agree that it would be worth further exploration for you and your company...

Denise said:
My company has had some very positive experiences using Bullhorn. From an outbound sales perspective, the system is easy to use, can be customized and reporting capabilities are endless. Account management in particular have been extremely responsive and the team have done nothing but bend over backwards in educating, training and making changes to the system as needed. definitely a path worth exploring further!

Rebecca Jacques said:
Listen if you want a powerful system that will change your life, get Sendouts. We moved in November of 2008 to Sendouts from Bullhorn and haven't regretted the change once. In fact, I thank the big guy upstairs on a regular basis for the great choice we made. Sendouts integrates with your Outlook, it makes searching your database of candidates an easy job, and it directly interfaces with our web site. We can update our job board in real time and even get our jobs posted organically to search engines like www.indeed.com at no charge. We've built our candidate database by utilizing these tools at a record pace. Parsing resumes, job orders, or any other attachment is flawless and can be done with ease. Customer Service....a phrase I insisted was unheard of in the U.S. by most companies is still alive at Sendouts. This team works together and really loves helping their clients. They talk to each other and thus they all know what your needs are without having to update each person you speak to within their organization. Sales stays connected with you forever...because they get that they need to continue selling you and keeping you happy always. Bullhorn....well if I said anything here about them it wouldn't be nice. The number one story I can share with you about Bullhorn is about our departure from them. When we left working with them they reaffirmed our decision with every last interaction. They did the one thing I know is bad business in my opinion. They made it so that even if my new vendor didn't make me happy there was no way in hell I'd go back to them. Contact me if you want to know more about Sendouts....I have to go find me a candidate now or I'd go on forever about this great tool...
Another rolled thru while I was typing.....I know these folks mean well, are telling the truth as they see it, etc.

That's why it's especially annoying- good customers always appreciate a chance to show some love for a vendor that they like, and that's a great thing, but it's also a mild abuse of recipricocity (who is going to say no?) and of the random readers of the thread who think this outpouring is organic. No problems, issues etc. to be seen, although of course every single customer has one now and again.....

It's really an abuse of the commons that Jason provides for all of us- if you want an ad, buy one from the guy !

Let me ask Leslie, Paul, David, Marsha, Kyle, and Denise: did your Bullhorn rep send you an email or a phone call ? Was it one rep, or was it BH management ? Just a little curious......from the long client tenure described I'd guess a senior rep myself....

Jason as always I appreciate your careful stewardship of this site. Makes all the difference.....you know a day without some Beadle action is a day without sunshine for me !






Slouch said:
Hey Marty, it's funny, last night at about 1:30 I was thinking and was going to make the same comment. I decided not to because I think it's pretty obvious when you read it and look at when some of the people joined and then commented. I think and hope that people are smart enough to recognize when this sort of thing comes rolling through town.


Martin H.Snyder said:
Looks like somebody came through here with the Bullhorn stick. FWIW, I can easily line up 15 (or 50) testimonials to swear that PCRecruiter is the greatest product ever conceived, and that if you do not use it, inevitable chemical addiction, divorce, bankruptcy, and homelessness will follow. This thread is kaput- hijacked that is.......
Thanks to all for the feedback. But I think I know what's going on with all the Bullhorn endorsements. I made scheduled demos for the 5 or so tools I had narrowed my list down to with Bullhorn being the last scheduled. Their sales rep contacted me 3 minutes after the demo was supposed to start to say another meeting ran over. Fair enough, but I have only so much time to do the demo and at some point need to focus on evaluating and selecting an actual tool. Besides, during the course of my demos I took a particular liking to the non-browser based tools like maxhire and sendouts, both were considerably cheaper than bullhorn and bullhorn didn't have any discernible features that stood out above those two tools. When the sales rep called me back a week after the fact I told her as much and that I had narrowed my choices down to two so wouldn't need to demo bullhorn at this time. Within 24 hours I started getting a bunch of Bullhorn endorsements. I'm a cynic by nature and didn't figure that was a coincidence.

Slouch said:
Hey Marty, it's funny, last night at about 1:30 I was thinking and was going to make the same comment. I decided not to because I think it's pretty obvious when you read it and look at when some of the people joined and then commented. I think and hope that people are smart enough to recognize when this sort of thing comes rolling through town.


Martin H.Snyder said:
Looks like somebody came through here with the Bullhorn stick. FWIW, I can easily line up 15 (or 50) testimonials to swear that PCRecruiter is the greatest product ever conceived, and that if you do not use it, inevitable chemical addiction, divorce, bankruptcy, and homelessness will follow. This thread is kaput- hijacked that is.......
I'll let everyone come to their own conclusions regarding why so many Bullhorn clients commented on their superior services - But I ask if in fact that many clients bothered to write - doesn't that answer the original question that was asked by Jasen? He wanted honest feedback and got it.
However, I will also say that when a firm is spoken about in a negative way who can blame them for wanting a little positive feedback.
Now let's get back to work!
Leslie people rip all the time on everything- if you sell enough of anything, you are going to get some negative feedback. We know that there are hundreds or thousands of people who love Bullhorn, just as there are for Sendouts, Maxhire, and yes, PCRecruiter. There are also lots of people who hate each of those solutions with a passion unbridled. The question is, do you cluster-bomb threads when you don't like the way they are going ?

The point is stone simple: Bullhorn hijacked this thread. I'd just like to know if it was a rep or a manager, but it makes no real difference. Your part in it is totally innocent, without a doubt, I hope you don't think anyone is implying otherwise.....



Leslie McIntyre-Tavella said:
I'll let everyone come to their own conclusions regarding why so many Bullhorn clients commented on their superior services - But I ask if in fact that many clients bothered to write - doesn't that answer the original question that was asked by Jasen? He wanted honest feedback and got it.
However, I will also say that when a firm is spoken about in a negative way who can blame them for wanting a little positive feedback.
Now let's get back to work!
considering the timing of when almost all of the bh endorsements rolling in just a couple of days after i opted not to pursue their product... well if i were a betting man i'd probably say most of them were asked to give their endorsement by a sale rep from bh.

Martin H.Snyder said:
Leslie people rip all the time on everything- if you sell enough of anything, you are going to get some negative feedback. We know that there are hundreds or thousands of people who love Bullhorn, just as there are for Sendouts, Maxhire, and yes, PCRecruiter. There are also lots of people who hate each of those solutions with a passion unbridled. The question is, do you cluster-bomb threads when you don't like the way they are going ?

The point is stone simple: Bullhorn hijacked this thread. I'd just like to know if it was a rep or a manager, but it makes no real difference. Your part in it is totally innocent, without a doubt, I hope you don't think anyone is implying otherwise.....



Leslie McIntyre-Tavella said:
I'll let everyone come to their own conclusions regarding why so many Bullhorn clients commented on their superior services - But I ask if in fact that many clients bothered to write - doesn't that answer the original question that was asked by Jasen? He wanted honest feedback and got it.
However, I will also say that when a firm is spoken about in a negative way who can blame them for wanting a little positive feedback.
Now let's get back to work!
Hi Jasen,

We have great experiences with TargetRecruit. You should at least try it! :-)

Pieter

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

GET YOUR FREE TICKET

GET YOUR FREE TICKETS FOR:


HRTX NEW YORK
HRTX LA

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

Recruiting Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

© 2018   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service