As far as I'm concerned, the words "entrepreneurial recruiter" are (mostly) an oxymoron strung together. From what I've seen (and I have a group for "Entrepreneurship" over on ERE that never seems able to attract much in the way of either membership or participation) not many recruiters think entrepreneurially. In fact, most people don't and that's one of the problems (IMO) with the American workforce's dissatisfaction with their jobs. Most of them are AFRAID to think this way.

I've taken plenty of heat before for this high-handed assertion but I'm willing to defend it. I hope to be proven wrong.

Wow do I ever sound codgety and I apologize if I sound non-appreciative - I don't mean to be! On the other hand I'd welcome spirited discussion on this sore-point of mine.

I commend you for starting this group - many, many people could benefit from these discussions!

Views: 40

Replies to This Discussion

I'm ready.
I agree with you, Maureen. I don't think it's the fault of the American workforce as much as it is their parents... "... stay in school so you'll get a good job..." Most people are exclusively focused on working for someone else. They hardly ever stop to think that it's the "someone else" who's earning all the money!

As you obviously know, there are only 2 (legal) ways to earn money: money at work or people at work.

I think that professional recruiters have it mostly right though. They get a cut on the jobs they match people with.

The part they miss is the residual component.

That's why I think it's fundamental for professional recruiters to have a dispassionate, objective understanding of the industry of professional network marketing.

Needless to say, I have thought about this...

I have developed a GENERIC site that explains the industry of professional network marketing with no mention of any particular company. When people use their real email addresses and agree to accept emails from me, they will get a few key trainings that will reinforce the essentials. All completely generic.

Thanks for your insightful post!

Mark Schnitzer
www.markschnitzer.com

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service