Hi all, with the latest unemployment numbers out (still below the nationwide average), I was wondering what your perspective is on the local economy here in the sunshine state...

Views: 57

Replies to This Discussion

The economy is really in a slump in the Tama area, especially in Architecture and building. (nothing like saying the obvious). I do not think it will revive anytime soon. Most of my clients say that maybe a breakthrough in late 09. My work is nationwide US and Canada so i am not as limited. Although lately it seems to slowing even in areas that were considered hot. The companies do not seem to have a sense of urgency. So many are doing so much with so few, that hiring replacements seem to have taken a back seat.
We saw a slow down in Q3/Q4 of last year that lasted into Q1 of this year, however, our business has really picked up this quarter. We've seen significant growth since March in both temp and perm business.
Some of the industries that are doing well around the state are hospitality, health care and logistics/distribution.
In Architecture and Construction engineering Health care was the last to slow down. Companies are slow to pay for people at this point in time.

Is a lot of your business temp?
We have both temp and perm. About 60% of our business is perm. We've seen big increases the last two months in Tampa, both on the perm side and the temp. We're not stuck with one industry though, so we can place people in any industry which helps stay recession-proof.

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service