Hello to all, I am very new to these forums as well as RecruitingBlogs, I am also very new to this line of work. So new in fact I am not currently employed. I am looking for the right position and have spent hours researching and trying to find a company, agency, individual, that is willing to provide an opportunity to someone that A. Has been out of the work force for awhile due to family obligations and B. Prior to leaving the work force my experience and education focused on the Criminal Justice system (in other words no experience in recruiting whatsoever). At this point I am at a loss.

As a mother of a child with Cerebral Palsy, my priorities have changed, my whole life has changed daily. I have decided to take what I have experienced as a mother and caregiver over the past 14 years since she was injured and use it to help others in similar circumstances. I guess I am approaching this from a recipients point of view for the most part. I know what I and other families like ours are looking for in the health care industry in general and in health care providers more specifically. I want nothing more than to connect with individuals looking to provide that kind of quality care. Does that make me a perfect fit for this type of work, maybe not but it is definitely somewhere to start. I guess that brings me to my question, you know its coming :); Where do I start? I am willing to work extremely hard to achieve my goals and lets face it I am not Mother Teresa, so one of my goals (of course not the most important) is to have unlimited earning potential, as well as the abilitiy to advance, (aren't we all). I want to help others but I am also selfish in that I want to take care of my family too, especially my daughter and the older she gets the more difficult it is to care for her so I am looking for a chance to make it a little easier at least financially. Anyway, I would greatly appreciate some guidance, wisdom, knowledge, compassion, understanding, a job:), if anyone can help I will be forever grateful. All feedback welcome. Thank you in advance.

Sorry for the length.
Have a Blessed Day!

Views: 44

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Tonya, I was reading what you wrote on July 3rd about being new to this field. I also am new and looking to start it as a business. I was wondering if you recieved any positive feedback? I posted the same questionb today.
Hello Tonya,

My name is Brian Grenon, have you talked with anyone about getting started? I know I am late on the post, you actually put this up a few months ago, but if you would like to talk I would be happy to talk with you some on how my business runs. I hope you have already spoke with a number of people and are doing well, but again if you would like to talk my email is brian@qtimeinc.com.

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service