Hi!  I have been an occupational therapist for many years and have now retired due to health, etc. reasons.  I would like to "keep my finger" in therapy by starting an agency for recruiting therapists.  I have some contacts--friends and therapists that I have been associated with throughout the years.  However, I would love to have some input on some basic questions.

1.  Does anyone have sample contracts for our clients to sign for job orders for permanent placement therapists?

2.  What do you think is the best business structure for a beginning staffing agency?  Sole proprietorship, LLC, etc.

3.  Is there a manual, DVD or something that you would recommend for beginning a staffing agency and for beginning recruiters?

What do you recommend?  All information will be helpful!

Thank you

Views: 707

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you so much, Jerry for your giving and helpful attitude!  I am going to take you up on your offer!

Thanks again!

Jerry Albright said:

You are very welcome Jennifer.  My phone line is always open - 260-347-1715 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            260-347-1715      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Hi Pam,

Thank you so much for all of your wise counsel.  I like the idea of trialing the NextLevelExchange to gain some of the information that I need.  Thank you so much for all of your helpful input and insightful recommendations!  Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

 

Congrats on starting your new venture! You have a great idea of focusing on a specific niche that you know well. However, Valentino is very right that this is first and foremost a sales job. It's not just helping and matching people to jobs. I would highly recommend taking a look at the nextlevelexchange.com  I actually subscribe to both Danny Cahill and NextLevelExchange for my office and I think if I were in your shoes I'd definitely sign up for nextlevelexchange as it is a great and very thorough on-line training resource that breaks the whole recruiting process down into a series of 20 modules, each about an hour long, very in-depth training on how to source, recruit, call on clients, develop your niche, etc. Plus, there's new videos each month, one focusing on a recruiting topic and one on a big biller and how they do what they do. It's about $100 a month and I believe they will let you do a free two week trial to take a look at it and see if it makes sense for you. Even if you don't choose this training, I would highly recommend you invest in some training. You could also send yourself to Danny Cahills' rookie basic training camp. That's a two day very intensive hands on how to do this business that will set you up nicely with good habits. I sent my rookie there and it gives a solid foundation and blueprint for what to do and it's held at their office so you can 'see' what a busy working office looks and feels like. I worked at an agency for 10 years before going on my own and while I don't think it's necessary to do that, you learn a lot by being around other recruiters and all the different scenarios that come up. So, you may even want to consider working at an agency for a year or two and getting paid to learn and seeing what the business really is like before investing your own money into it....making sure you like what we do first.  Good  luck! Pam

 

In my office we use next level, and also 'good as gold training' by Barb Bruno. I highly recommend Barb's training for new people. It is the basics of recruiting, it will organize you, and give you step by step guidance. Next level is good, but I use it for second tier training. GOOD LUCK!

 

Hi Barb,

Thank you so much for your recommendations and your kindness in responding to my questions!  Jennifer

Barbara Goldman said:

In my office we use next level, and also 'good as gold training' by Barb Bruno. I highly recommend Barb's training for new people. It is the basics of recruiting, it will organize you, and give you step by step guidance. Next level is good, but I use it for second tier training. GOOD LUCK!

 

Jennifer:

 

You're smart to get some of details down like company structure, legal documents, and training.  As many others have suggested I think Danny Cahill is good, but almost everything out there will give you just general recruiting knowledge and not much specific to working with Therapists.  I have run the recruiting dept of a rehab company in a past life and until the market shifts, I strongly suggest working on your sales skills of getting referrals from therapists that you know.  If you build your candidate pool and have strong relationships with as many therapists as you can find, focusing on what their needs are such as PRN in the proper setting, etc.  you'll find success.  I'd be more than happy to discuss further with you here or directly.  Good luck.

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for your reply.  It is great to get some input from someone who is knowledgeable with working in the Rehab area.  It would be great to be able to have a telephone conference with you at your convenience to gain some additional insight into this area from your experience.  Would that be okay with you?  Thank you again for your input.     Jennifer


Michael Miller said:

Jennifer:

 

You're smart to get some of details down like company structure, legal documents, and training.  As many others have suggested I think Danny Cahill is good, but almost everything out there will give you just general recruiting knowledge and not much specific to working with Therapists.  I have run the recruiting dept of a rehab company in a past life and until the market shifts, I strongly suggest working on your sales skills of getting referrals from therapists that you know.  If you build your candidate pool and have strong relationships with as many therapists as you can find, focusing on what their needs are such as PRN in the proper setting, etc.  you'll find success.  I'd be more than happy to discuss further with you here or directly.  Good luck.

Jennifer:

Sure thing, send me an email at michael@soaringcareer.com and we'll set up a time.

 

Michael

Thanks, Michael, I sent you an email.  Please let me know when would be a good time for you.  Thanks again,  Jennifer

Michael Miller said:

Jennifer:

Sure thing, send me an email at michael@soaringcareer.com and we'll set up a time.

 

Michael

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2021   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service