ng and analysis of aircraft interiors, interior systems, and cargo systems. The Sr. Engineering Specialist - Payloads will apply extensive knowledge of principles, theories, concepts, industry practices and standards to deliver high quality design engineering solutions while assuring procedural compliance within assigned engineering project teams.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving complex engineering problems, developing analysis methods and processes, and determining program objectives and requirements.
• Compile and translate contract requirements into work tasks.
• Plan, organize and prioritize work contents based on project deliverables.
• Perform detailed stress analysis of cabin or cargo components, by classical hand analysis as well as Finite Element methods, to support the structural design efforts of new and modified components from the conceptual phase to development and certification.
• Generate stress substantiation reports.
• Develop or review structural qualification plans in accordance with standards and regulatory requirements.
• Review and approve vendor drawings, stress reports, and test reports when delegated.
• Coordinate with design engineers, team lead, suppliers and technical management personnel to assure that the design meets or exceeds the project deliverables and complies with the regulatory requirements.
• Coordinate stress activities between company and the respective suppliers.
• Participate in regularly scheduled design reviews, and is responsible to present stress findings and challenge design solutions.
• Develop research plans and participate in industry committees at company’s request. Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of Structural Mechanics in order to recommend innovations to improve the quality, performance, cost of the company product.
• Compile and generate progress reports to convey deliverable objectives.
• Provide guidance to junior level stress engineers with regards to analysis methods, process or tools.
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing work assignments.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION GUIDELINES:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced engineering degree preferred.
• Position requires in-depth knowledge of Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials and Aircraft Structural Analysis.
• Minimum of 15 years in aircraft stress analysis, and experience in Cabin and Cargo preferred.
• Experience in static (FE and free-body) and transient analysis, with working knowledge of fatigue and damage tolerance.
• DER/DOA AR or demonstrated ability to approve Stress work required.
• Good leadership skills.
• Able to utilize Nastran, Patran, MathCad, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project PC tools.
• Ability to be self directed and work in diverse teams.
• Ability to lead and/or mentor team members.
• Ability to write reports, specifications, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Excellent Communication & Organization skills needed, along with the ability to coordinate meetings.
Competitors (Sources): This person could come from an aircraft manufacturer or supplier.
Cabin and Cargo Engineering Stress Specialist Candidate
3. Cessna Aircraft
4. Hawker Beechcraft
5. Falcon Jet
4. MidWest Express
2. C&D Composites
3. B/E Aerospace
5. Global Aerospace Tecnology
1. Associate Air
2. Jet Aviation
3. MidCoast Aviation
5. Duncan Aviation
6. International Jet Interiors
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Advanced Engineering Degree preferred.
2. 15 + years in aircraft stress analysis with solid experience in Cabin and Cargo and experience leading a team of engineers.
3. Experience in static (FE and free-body) and transient analysis, with working knowledge of fatigue and damage tolerance.
4. Experience approving Stress work.
5. Able to utilize Nastran, Patran, MathCad, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project PC tools.
Todd Kmiec & Associates
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/toddkmiec
Connect with me on Facebook www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1440262060&ref=name…