figuration, implementation, and maintenance of the control system networks and pc’s at multiple manufacturing locations. This person will focus on the administration of clients, servers, network equipment, and software applications. The HMI Specialist will assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the operation and make recommendations for implementation.
• Manage and oversee IT infrastructure for control system networks in a manufacturing environment.
• Lead in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various systems to include desktop pc’s, servers, network equipment, and HMI software applications.
• Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for repair or replacement.
• Design, configure, and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
• Diagnose hardware and software problems, and replace defective components.
• Recommend new equipment and services to purchase and work with various vendors for procurement.
• Perform on-site and remote technical support.
• Provide on-call support.
• Assist in the organization and inventory of all process hardware and software resources.
• Create and maintain good technical documentation.
• Maintain an inventory of parts for repairs.
• Monitor network performance in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
• Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
• Improve and expand process historical and reporting hardware and software. Create and maintain process reports (GE Proficy Historian and Portal).
• Research new technology, and implement it or recommend its implementation.
• Coordinate with venders about new equipment and oversee the installation processes to make sure everything meets standards and specifications.
• Communicate with production and maintenance to resolve production or maintenance issues in the plants, in constant communication through whole process; from first meeting to implementation.
• Assist and support various project managers with respect to control system expansion and upgrade projects.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree and/or three to five years related experience
• In depth knowledge of Windows based HMI systems, preferably Proficy iFix and components such as Proficy iHistorian and Proficy Portal.
• In depth knowledge of Windows Operating systems on both the client and server level in a Active Directory environment.
• Knowledge of Terminal Service in a Citrix organization.
• Knowledge of Network protocols and procedures
• Utilize complex computer operations (intermediate programming in 3rd and 4th generation languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and advanced features of software packages (word-processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.)
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Experience with Windows based HMI systems, preferably Proficy iFix and components such as Proficy iHistorian and Proficy Portal.
3. Experience with Windows Operating systems on both the client and server level in a Active Directory environment.
4. Experience with Terminal Service in a Citrix organization.
Todd Kmiec & Associates
Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/toddkmiec
Connect with me on Facebook www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1440262060&ref=name…
Partnerships with the F1000 so we are perceived as partners vs. order takers.
It would also be wise to emulate K/F's model of selling Executive Coaching, Ascension Planning, etc. A 'Three Sixty' relationship serves to keep a search firm on the CEO's/Board's horizon on a regular basis vs. 'PRN'.
Active participation at the executive level at each corporation's departments/divisions/operating company subsidiaries (emphasizing Strategy, Vision, [Radical] Innovation) by 'my' recruiters...emphasis on Retained Search.
Using OutPlacement as a vehicle for being included in the Operations of our F1000 clients...
Linking a client's Branding with our own so we are seen as a 'brother to brother/sister' relationship vs, again, being order takers.