Job interviews in many organizations are getting sophisticated these days. Psychological tests, role plays, and challenges to one’s “quick intelligence” and street smarts are often part of the package. While it’s impossible to anticipate everything you may encounter, here are ten tips that will help you negotiate the interview process successfully.
1. Prepare and over-prepare.
2. Be particularly clear on what you know and what you want to achieve.
3. Make sure your responses match your claims.
4. Be clear about your strengths.
5. Describe your weaknesses as strengths.
6. If you’ve been fired, be forthright about it.
7. Be clear where you want to go.
8. Have clear personal standards.
9. Interview the interviewer.
10. Don’t allow yourself to be badgered by the salary issue.