11 Ways You Create Your Own Recession
by Stephen Martile
The media seems to be hypnotized with a recession (if that’s what you want to call it). The media is just killing the minds of the masses and it’s gone too far.
You see, there have been many big ideas out there, except there is one problem. The big ideas are in the wrong direction - the ideas are on big debt instead of earning big money.
I have a close friend of mine tell me that the sky is falling - that I should be worried about this recession.
Masses in Recession
Let me tell you something. This is a game. Life is a game. If you believe what the media is telling you then you’re no smarter than the cats and dogs that walk down my street. You’re working at the same level of animal awareness. Through your senses only.
There is something you’ve got to understand - you’ve got this magic power inside. You have the mental power to think anything you want. You’ve got to start thinking what you want instead of letting others tell you what to think!
But a great majority of people don’t do this. They do what everyone else does; they think what everyone else does, and they do it unconsciously. Don’t let this be you. Stop letting your outside influences poison your thinking!
How do you change?
In order to change, you have to be aware of what it is you’re doing first. This is what I call your blind spot. You can’t change what you can’t see. To see blind spots you first have to become aware of them. You’ve got to be aware of what you’re thinking and programming your mind to do. Everything starts with a thought. Here is a list of ways that YOU create your own recession.
11 Ways You Create Your Own Recession
1. You watch TV. You watch TV such as news and media coverage. Even better, you program yourself before going to bed by watching and listening to the evening news. You do this so that you can think about recession and poverty all night while you sleep.
2. You complain. You encourage and even complain to your friends about money being low and the cost of living being high. And you know what happens when you do that, “When you complain you become a living, breathing crap magnet.” ~ T. Harv Eker Crap will come to you so fast that you won’t even know what hit you.
3. You consistently focus on debt. How do you do this? If I gave you $10,000 cash right now, the first thing you would do is pay your debt load. Why? Because that’s where your attention is, on debt. And the more attention you place on the experience of paying debt, the more you will be given that experience. Some of you even get excited with the thought of paying debt. You actually experience happiness and feelings of joy paying your debt. If that’s your experience then the Universe will keep giving you more of the same - a joyful experience of paying debt. And all that is going to do is keep you in debt forever. Want to get out of debt? Manage your way out of debt by Managing Money - the JARS System.
4. You listen to the radio. You feed your brain with recession and poverty talk by listening to the radio news, media coverage or anything to do with a recession.
5. You consistently worry and obsess on job security. You have thoughts like, “What if I get canned?” , “What if I don’t have a job next week?” , “What if I get laid off?” , “What if, what if, what if?”
6. You consistently focus on small goals. You want to earn $3,000 per month and can’t figure out why you aren’t able to earn more than $1,000 per month. You’ve got to shoot for the stars, not for the roof of your house. You’re thinking too small. Start thinking big and you’ll receive big. Start focusing on $10,000 per month or more. Create big goals in your minds-eye.
7. You’re trying too hard. If you’re trying to earn more money by taking more action and rushing, you’re trying too hard. When you rush it’s a sign that your actions are rooted in fear. It’s take me some time to develop and hone in on this, but if you feel rushed it’s because you’re taking actions that have come from fearful thinking. You’re creating in reverse. More on this in, The Shocking Truth About Action!
8. You have thoughts of “lack” and “not enoughness.” This is the idea that there is not enough to go around for everyone. This is the same point I brought up in my 7 Ways to Create the Abundant Mindset. You think that the market is this pie, and if everyone takes a big piece of that pie they’ll be nothing left for you. This is a false, limiting belief that doesn’t serve you. Give it up. There is more than enough for everyone, including YOU.
9. You actually believe what other people say about you. In my experience this has come from the external mental programming of friends and family. I know because I’ve been there. At times the people who love and care for you are the worst people to be hanging around. Why? Because they keep mentally programming you with thoughts of limitation. They say they don’t want to see you get hurt. They say they don’t want you to take any risks. And the thing to remember here is that whatever other people think about you is none of your business. These thought of fear, these thoughts of risk have come from them. They’re scared for themselves, not you. My advice. Spend less time with these brain ninjas. Their venom is killing your potential.
10. You think having a JOB will create financial independence. This is what I call The Big Lie About Money. You may think you should, “Study hard and get a good job and you will have money and security.” This is the furthest from the truth. I realized this the hard way. It took me 7 years as an employee to “get it.” Don’t let it take you 7 years. In fact don’t let it take you any longer. Realize that there have been more people to create financial independence by building businesses than any other way.
11. You use the words, “I can’t afford it” as part of your everyday language. You can afford anything you want. Instead of saying, “I can’t afford it,” start saying, “How can I afford it?” This will reset the direction of your thinking so that you can find ways to afford what you want. Just be willing to look for ways to afford what you want. If there is a willingness then there is always a way.
You’ve got to develop your own mental programming. You’ve got to control your thinking or someone else is going to do it for you. The first thing to do is to recognize the ways of thinking that are limiting you from achieving your full potential. Take one item from this list and act on it. Better yet, find people who are already acting and thinking the way you want and make a point of modelling them. If you don’t, you’ll be following the masses and deliberately creating your own recession.