EXECUTIVE-LEVEL MANAGEMENT: Business Development, Sales
Seasoned sales and business leader with more than 18 years of experience contributing to advanced corporate performance and profitability through the delivery of large revenue deals and the establishment of major pipelines. Skillfully identify new business opportunities and cultivate profitable relationships with clients, expanding territories and generating new revenue streams. Reputable for starting up, turning around, and developing business units and businesses into national competitors through the execution of expert business process reengineering. Known to build and spearhead cohesive sales teams dedicated to achieving the company mission while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
International Organization · Organizational Due Diligence · Business Process Restructuring
Business Line Rationalization · Econometric Modeling/Analysis · International Business Development
Public Policy Analysis/Sales · Advanced Financial Market Theory · Mathematical Modeling
Pipeline Management/Development · Entrepreneurial Business Operations · Cost Control
Strategic/Budget Planning · Product Development · Product Lifecycle Management
Turnarounds · Account Management · Team Leadership/Motivation
Undisclosed, Reston, Virginia · 2007-present
U.S. subdivision of LongReach Group Limited, a $50M publicly traded (ASX Code: LRG) global provider of integrated information and communications technology based products and services to the defense, public safety and intelligence sectors.
Assure the achievement of strategic and top line financial objectives reporting results directly to the president. Manage overall aspects of sales, including business development and marketing. Identify new clients and opportunities with existing clients. Negotiate terms of proposals and close deals. Oversee national team of sales and BD personnel, manage marketing and brand management contractors.
· Successfully rebranded corporate image from Redflex Communications to xxxx, as part of sale to LRG.
· Cultivated profitable partnerships and channel/reseller relationships with Unisys Corporation, Northrop Grumman, and Verizon.
· Established company in public safety and homeland security marketplaces – two new markets for the business; developed product and pricing plans, marketing message and collateral plans.
· Projected to generate $35 million in new business in 2008.
ASTYRA CORPORATION, Richmond, Virginia · 2003-2007
Privately owned IT consulting and staffing firm providing government agencies, systems integrators and private sector clients with industry expertise, technology delivery and consulting services in the areas of healthcare/HIPPA, GIS technology and telecommunications. Annual revenues total $29M and annual profits amount to $6.3M. Composed of fewer than 100 employees.
Assure the achievement of strategic, financial and operating objectives reporting results directly to the board of directors. Manage overall aspects of sales, including business development and marketing. Identify new clients and opportunities with existing clients. Negotiate terms of proposals, close deals, and deliver services. Oversee 9 direct reports, including 3 sales people, 2 recruiters, 1 marketing person, and 3 program managers/account executives. Supervise every person in the company except for the 2 founders and their shared administrator.
· Boosted revenues by 45% in 2003, 40% in 2004, and 48% in 2005, amounting to $29M.
· Built channel sales program worth more than $15M by 2005.
· Increased the bottom line by 61% in 2003, 20% in 2004 and 36% in 2005, totaling $6.3M.
· Augmented average sales size from $25,000 in 2003 to $567,000 in 2005.
· Managed a personal quota of $5.5M in 2003, reaching 150% of plan, and $7.1M in 2004, attaining 130% of plan.
· Built and spearheaded a team of sales executives with an average quota of $4.5M
· Cultivated profitable partnerships with Unisys Corporation, Verizon, Capital One, First Health, Timmons Group, Northrop Grumman, Shinsegi, Computer Aid, and Sprint.
· Drove Astyra to become the 3rd fastest developing organization in the Richmond area for 2 consecutive years, as reported by KPMG and the Richmond Times-Dispatch in their Rising 25 Award.
· Projected to generate defensible criteria for utility management review and more than $35M in the first 5 years of implementing broad communications and geospatial (GIS) technology systems initiatives.
· Successfully transformed the organization from a lifestyle company owned by 2 people into a large, leading regional marketplace holder.
· Spearheaded initiatives to completely re-brand the organization and conduct extensive cleanup of internal systems including audit, accounting, compensation and IT. Project completed less than a year after its proposal.
· Awarded the 2006 Diversity Business DIV100 ranking and the 2005 Richmond Style Weekly Top Forty Under 40. Nominated finalist for 2005 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year in the Virginia Region.
PROSODIE INTERACTIVE, Washington, D.C. · 2001-2003
Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing
U.S. subdivision of Prosodie S.A., a $200M publicly traded (PARIS: PSOE.LN) global communications services provider selling interactive voice products to global carriers and enterprises.
Hired to rapidly expand the U.S subdivision projected to attract more European telecommunications services providers to the French parent company. Aligned business objectives with daily operations and plan executions, successfully achieving the corporate mission. Cultivated relationships with global clients. Spearheaded product management efforts in the Sales and Marketing division, fashioning products into sellable and marketable blockbusters. Managed the sales, BD, PM and marketing teams located in field offices in Atlanta, St. Louis, and San Francisco as well as in virtual offices in New York and Dallas. Supervised 6 direct reports and 16 through the tiers.
· Successfully negotiated with Charter Communications to close the largest contract in company history valued at $30M for service delivery of audio conferencing, VoIP consulting, and a unified messaging system branded as “voicemail plus.”
· Rocketed organizational U.S. market contract value from $0 to $40M.
· Led the company to develop a government sales service line and channel, propelling the organization into new channels of professional services through strategic placement and market knowledge.
· Grew channel sales organization six-fold in two years.
· Turned around a declining business, rapidly expanding the organization by reengineering all business processes including customer delivery, accounting, finance, engineering and management. Resulted in over $40M in contracts within 6 months after restructuring.
· Increased global sales of $200M in 2003 by more than 30%.
· Presented with Customer Inter@ction Solutions Magazine’s Product of the Year award on February 2003 and nominated Best of Show in TMC’s Communications Solutions Expo on May 2002.
ADC TELECOMMUNICATIONS, Rockville, Maryland · 2000-2001
Vice President and General Manager, Enhanced Services Division
$101M division of a $2.8B publicly traded (NASDAQ: ADCT) global telecommunications equipment manufacturer. Group sold voicemail equipment worldwide, with 15M users and 140 companies located in 45 countries throughout 6 continents.
Recruited to lead a team in creating a new service platform that would rescue Centigram, the 3rd place voicemail equipment company behind Comverse and Lucent acquired by ADC in 2000, from complete failure. Oversaw all aspects of operations, including manufacturing, engineering, research, quality, sales, implementation and service. Controlled daily corporate policy implementation, advertising and promotions, and tactical direction.
Managed the budget and implemented cost-cutting policies to maximize profitability. Recruited, hired, and managed a staff of 125, including instrumental personnel in engineering, manufacturing, operations, sales management and marketing. Assessed overall and individual employee performance, creating productive compensation programs. Collaborated with the management team to establish departmental goals structured around success criteria for customer satisfaction.
· Increased bottom line performance and customer satisfaction by spearheading a company-wide restructuring program that effectively realigned the sales team, within 60-days of being hired, with regional customers’ shifting priorities and necessities.
· Achieved industry recognition for organizational quality and reliability after completion of the rigorous Bellcore evaluations of the manufacturing and assembly processes.
· Improved the company’s financial situation by transforming the revenue-to-expense ratio from 1:1.48 to 1:0.74 on $101M in revenue through the organization-wide restructuring program.
· Rose above Lucent Technologies as the number 2 company in the marketplace.
· Developed a strategic roadmap to shift the company from voicemail products to cohesive service offerings expected to generate $40M in 2002.
· Assured the continuation of a previously faltering relationship with Verizon Communications, securing a $25M multi-year contract for products placed in upstate New York and a $40M multi-year contract for products placed in Manhattan.
· Augmented client revenues by 25%, cultivating profitable and successful relationships with Sprint Local, Optus and Shinsegi.
· Generated more than $400M in treasury improvements and $1.1B in long term cash flow enhancements for the company after designing and managing a major part of the divestiture scope that concluded in the selling of 11 divisions for a public company.
· Presented with the ADC Engineering Excellence Award, becoming the only non-engineer to win the award.
METACLOUD COMMUNICATIONS, Vienna, Virginia · 1999-2000
Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer
$30M business focused on outsourced communications services for the wireless and cable markets. Offers customer relationship management and telecommunications services to enterprises and carriers.
Launched the company with a business partner. Created the service delivery platform. Managed overall engineering, operations, sales engineering and implementation. Designed operational systems and processes allowing OSS/BSS integration and electronic bonding with other LECs, ISPs and ASPs.
· Secured $150M in equipment and business plan financing by liaising with technology lenders such as Cisco, Sun and EMC.
· Conducted presentations for angel investors who offered more than $10M in non-institutional venture financing and for institutions that set preliminary terms for more than $40M in venture financing.
· Handpicked for the 2000 Emerging Company award by Frost and Sullivan.
· Collaborated with the CEO to develop an exit strategy in preparation for the Intelogistics’ acquisition of Metacloud in May 2001.
Philosophiae Doctor (Ph.D.) in Economics
Chelsea University, London, England
Masters of Business Administration in Management and Marketing
Harvard Business School, Boston, Massachusetts
Bachelor of Science in Physics
University of Richmond, Richmond, Virginia
· System And Method For Monitoring Packet Telephony Network With In-Band Custom Quality Of Service
· Enhanced Telephone Service System With Packet Telephony System And Out-Of-Band Routing Tools
· Apparatus And Method For Determining Quality Of Service On An Arbitrary Packet Telephony Network Using In-Band Signaling
If you have a position for this candidate in the Executive level, please contact me at email@example.com