Myth: no one hires during the holidays.
Fact #1: Lots of companies fill jobs during the second half of December and the first half of January. In December, many look to spend budgeted money before a new fiscal cycle kicks in, and in January, many look to spend money that just kicked in with the new budget.
Fact #2: The staffing agency that knows this will probably have a great month.
Here are seven ways to make this holiday season great for your staffing agency:
- Check your (client) list twice. Forget about naughty and nice – just go over your client list and see who might need a phone call. Many won’t broadcast that they’re in desperate “We’ve got to hire someone before the end of the year” mode, so your phone call could be the answer to their staffing problem.
- Don’t limit your thinking. Yes, retailers and the post office need lots of extra holiday help. But so do offices with employees taking vacation days, not to mention workplaces that have to cover for above-average sickness during cold and flu season.
- Remind clients of the great applicant pool out there…and that the holiday season is like any other: when you find the right candidate, you’ve got to snatch them up.
- Double down on SEO efforts. For busy employed people looking for a new job and busy unemployed people looking for any job, the holidays provide some much-needed time to hit the web. Make sure they can find your job listings by using keywords in titles, subtitles, and text.
- Find your own job postings. If it’s hard to find them, make it easier. Job seekers know that no one is going to answer the phone at 3:00 on December 23, so they’ll be using the web at that time…and on the 24th, 25th, 26th, and so on….
- Encourage candidates.Many of them subscribe to the myth above. Fill them in on the facts and encourage them to actively pursue the leads you (and others) give them.
- Have a holiday party. OK, that’s not original, and it may not help make December or January a great month for your company. But it’s the holidays, after all…
For more information about staffing software and other staffing resources and staffing agency marketing tips, Contact us at www.Bond-US.com