An entrance exam is a way of testing a student’s approach towards various diversions of education and not to concentrate only on his/her likeness of a specific subject. To be specific, if a candidate had the liberty to choose his favorite subject that comes easy to him, it would make it monotonous for the person. There would be no competition and let’s not get down to the shortage of seats in the dream institute where the candidates are willing to fight for.
The entrance exams have been designed specifically to understand the candidate’s knowledge in different subjects. It also helps filter the best among the rest. The one who is capable to understand the concepts and apply it religiously.
Although not all beginnings have a happy ending. Here in this article, we will point down the Advantages and Disadvantages of appearing in the Entrance examination.
The Advantage of Entrance Exam
- Candidates have the advantage to perform really well in a subject/s they are good at, which otherwise would be a hard task if the exam required a single subject knowledge. This would eliminate half of the willing candidates who wish to appear in the entrance Test.
- An entrance exam is a chain of the loop that can keep raising your education level and competing at higher levels so it acts like a NEVER ENDING KNOWLEDGE LADDER.
- Board Examination can not determine the student’s capability of taking admission into a prestigious institute and hence entrance exams is key to your dream college.
- The deserving candidates get the seat and there is no scope of luck in this game. It all depends on the student’s intellect and understanding of the basic concepts.
- By giving the exam, the applicant might not always come out as a winner, but this may certainly give him/her the idea of where they stand in the crowd and make a place for improvement.
- Obviously, the level of entrance exams is designed in such a way that the candidate has to work hard and understand the pattern. This may lead to a focused approach and a better understanding of the specific subject/subjects.
- The Entrance exams test candidate's knowledge in different areas like- Analytical, Numerical, comprehension, and General Awareness. Also, some of the exams test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge in the specific subject.
The disadvantage of Entrance Exam
- Sometimes Candidate is only running after the entrance exam which has a higher Brand Value. For example exams like JEE Mains or NEET for engineering/ medical examinations respectively. A large number of candidates apply for the same and appear for the entrance test to focus on the targeted colleges that have a limited number of seats. Instead, one should compete for the colleges where they can build a better future and can work on their caliber. The other case may be that the negative result may lead to depression and students cannot cope up with it. They sometimes lose hope and end up throwing their true potential leading a stressed and non-challenging life.
- The mode of examination can also be a problem. The shift of mode from subjective to Multiple choice types has also begun to increase the difficulty of the exam pattern. Also is the case with Paper pen mode to Computer-based mode, which creates a sense of Anxiety in the examination hall to some, especially in case of time management.
- Sometimes it may also lead to the fact that students waste years getting selected say for example in Government jobs and wait for the day to get selected finally in their dream job. This may lead to negativity yet if perseverance is still, one can cope up with the failure and keep trying for the best.
The ground rule is that the entrance exam comes with pros and cons but its importance is a crucial subject. With this large population and fewer seats in the best colleges of India, a need for Diligent students and extremely smart who can deal with the changing trends and cope up with pressure is one such advantage and also a necessity.