Johor Bahru is the capital city of the state of Johor in Malaysia. The metropolitan area of Johor Bahru is the third largest populous city in the country. The city has witnessed modernization and development over the years, and today, present itself as a capital city with many administrative buildings, schools, religious buildings, and other organizations, businesses and industries. The city has opened its doors to employment of the new gen professionals who are looking for opportunities for better growth in a smaller location as compared to the ones available in bigger cities. Johor Bahru, in recent time, has transformed itself into a new economic power house in the country.
Why young professionals are moving to Johor Bahru for jobs?
In recent time, many professionals and young Fresh graduates are moving to new locations for jobs and career. One main reason is to avoid the competition and the other reason is to build a prospective career. Thankfully, Johor Bahru has become the upcoming hub for jobs in Malaysia. There are many reasons for this.
- The best part of this city is that it is connected directly to Singapore by railways opening up a good number of business opportunities and jobs in Johor Bahru. It has a very close economic relationship with Singapore, which opens up a good number of jobs in Johor Bahru.
- It has been reported that one of the fastest growing economies of Malaysia after Kuala Lumpur is Johor Bahru.
- It is the main commercial centre of the state of Johor.
- The city is the connection link between the three major countries Indonesia–Malaysia–Singapore. It is located in the Growth Triangle comprising these 3 industries.
- The city life is an active one without much hustle and bustle as in Kuala Lumpur. Hence, the young professionals do not mind staying and doing jobs in Johor Bahru
Prominent sectors for jobs in Johor Bahru
There are many sectors of different industry domains offering prospective jobs in Johor Bahru.
- HR reports have shown that the most popular sector that dominates the economy of the city is the tertiary-based industry.
- Job seekers can find jobs in the tourism industry, hotels and hospitality industry because people are exploring new tourist destinations nowadays and Johor Bahru is one of them. In fact, urban tourism is very popular and opens up a number of employment opportunities. Affordable luxury accommodations and proximity to Singapore have made Johor Bahru an upcoming tourist destination in Malaysia.
- The city is home to a number of financial services centers, including banks and investment firms.
- Commerce and retail sectors are other predominant sectors for job opportunities.
- Candidates can look for jobs in Johor Bahru in the industries like as electrical and electronics, plastic manufacturing, and food processing industries. Industrial reports say that the city has emerged as the top investment destination for manufacturing sector in Malaysia.
- For trading and business as well, Johor Bahru is an important center. The city hosts a number of conferences, congress and trade fairs for the neighboring countries. Trading activities between Singapore and Johor Bahru are very popular.
Average Salary for jobs in Johor Bahru, Malaysia
On an average, candidates employed in various jobs in Johor Bahru can expect a salary of RM 42,443.
Popular Jobs in Johor Bahru
Some of the in-demand jobs in Johor Bahru are
- Account Executive
- Project Engineer
- Human Resources Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- Mechanical Engineer
- Quantity Surveyor
According to payscale.com, in recent time, the well-paid jobs in the city are the position of HR managers, followed by the job role of accountants, and then mechanical engineers. PETRONAS, Dyson, Kerry Ingredients, Biocon are some of the reputed employers offering lucrative jobs in Johor Bahru.