The marketing sector has great learning and career honing opportunities to offer to freshers. However, fresher does mostly fail to identify the hidden advantages that a marketing career can have for them. The following article explains.
The marketing sector is quite undervalued by freshers, when they’re looking for jobs. What fresher’s fail to realize, is that marketing jobs can be smart first move towards their early career. A marketing career can be beneficial in more ways than one. Consider the following:
- Versatile skills - Choosing the marketing sector as fresher’s can help individuals acquire skills that can come handy in other sectors too. Largely, a marketing career hones your communication skills, which is important to every other sector. It also teaches you to be patient, alert, and proactive. An individual’s people skills are also improved, where they’re able to understand people and their needs better, and suggest solutions accordingly. All of these skills can be very beneficial, irrespective of the sector the individual move to, later.
- Use for creativity - A career in the marketing sector can give you a platform to explore your creativity like no other. Be it designing campaigns for the online, offline, or OOH, it gets your creative bells ringing, and helps discover the artistic and creative side of you. The client’s requirements from a campaign may be a guideline for you to work with, but how unique you can make the campaign, is completely up to you.
- Enhances your personality - Meeting different people every day, talking to them, trying to gauge their problems and suggesting solutions, all of it goes a long way in honing your personality. It makes you a confident person, which is something that fresher’s often lack. It also helps you present yourself in a much better way, in subsequent interviews when you’re seeking better opportunities.
- High scope of growth - The marketing sector is mostly unaffected by inflation and recession. So, if you perform, there’s a lot in store that can benefit you career-wise. Most organizations promote marketing professionals, within a few years of their services, in an aim to retain them. So, there’s ample scope to scale up your career quickly.
- Better pay - What’s more, organizations offer attractive incentives besides the salary package, so there’s huge earning potential in this sector too. The demand for marketing professionals are also on a constant rise, so there’s no shortage of opportunities for a marketing professional; organizations are willing to pay more to a deserving marketing candidate.
Arguably, a marketing career can be very lucrative for fresher’s, helping them identify their potential, and grow faster than in any other sector. So, instead of searching for data entry jobs for mba freshers, bpo jobs for freshers in Gurgaon, sales coordinator jobs in Delhi, and the like, consider searching for marketing jobs for freshers in Delhi/ Gurgaon.
Do you consider the marketing sector to be a good starting point for a fresher? Share your takes with me in the comments below.