There's so much talk about blogging. What makes your blog relevant? I have some ideas.
Blogging 101 has a few excellent tips http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/community/columns/blogging.mspx
I offer the following:
1) Write with passionate interest about your topic.
2) Back your posts up with substantive reseach backed by empirical data http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-177553710.html
3) Read blog posts written by the thought leaders in your field. Study what they say-take a lesson from their play book (don't steal their data-cite your sources carefully.) http://www.ncsu.edu/midlink/citing.html
4) Collaborate with the thought leaders in your industry.
5) Write about what you know. Stay within your knowledge base.
6) Demonstrate your competencies with your articulate voice.
7) Ask for feedback from mentors and people you trust.
8) Offer a unique idea and a fresh perspective.
9) Ask your followers to read your blog-encourage them to comment.
10) Frequently read other posts by the top 100 on this site. Check your twitter stream for repeating patterns of information. Do your homework.
Not everyone will agree with the posts you present. Opposing viewpoints are healthy for debate. I recently learned this tough lesson by being overly protective on a colleagues blog. I butted heads with his critic. What I learned from that experience is to pick your battles wisely. Ask yourself, how important is it? Is being a contrarian worth the effort?