I am currently working with a client in the Westchester County, NY area who is looking for a Sr. HR Generalist with extensive experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Below are the specs. Please contact Kim at email@example.com with your updated resume, and salary requirements. Job candidates only, please.
Summary: Provides strategic and tactical Human Resource support to significant segments of the company through direct services and in partnership with other professionals from HR and external consultants as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Serves as key member of line function and of the Human Resources senior management teams.
• Identifies key drivers of success and existing people-related needs within Line functions assigned.
• Cuts through issues and problems to find and resolve root causes that may be inter- or intra-departmental.
• Works as partner with HR specialists and coaches and consultants to address identified needs.
• Provides coaching to management, with an emphasis on leadership behaviors and in some cases in cooperation with external coaches.
• Facilitates key people-related decisions related to organization roles, staffing decisions, development plans, succession planning and diversity issues.
• Reviews and helps define each new role in function related to skills and competencies; relationship of role to others; ownership and accountabilities.
• Works with senior management to evaluate readiness of internal candidates and development opportunities made possible by new roles and organization needs.
• Works with Staffing to identify current and future requirements. Recommends sources of candidates. Participates in screening and evaluation, and facilitates decision making within department regarding new hires.
• Works with VP, Human Resources on development planning for senior management.
• Works with Compensation on role definition, external comparables/market value of position, annual compensation and other reward and recognition programs.
• Collaborates with the Training and Development function to identify and coordinate training support and programs consistent with the function’s and the organization’s strategy.
• Works with management team to support the company’s Talent and Performance Management process and to drive culture of accountability throughout organization.
• Ensures that HR policies and practices are applied consistently and provides direction and guidance to all levels of management.
• Coordinates/partners with the appropriate HR and business staff in other Company departments (R&D, Pre-Clinical Development, Finance & Administration, Manufacturing, etc.) on companywide issues and problems.
• Acts as role model for others in Human Resources as it relates to this role.
Human Resources Generalist page 2
Knowledge and Specialized Skills
• Must have experience working in the biotech/pharmaceutical sectors – preferably with R&D senior management, scientific leaders, and technical staff.
• Significant experience in strategic staffing and organization design/roles and personal development planning.
• Possesses knowledge in organization assessment, planning and development, experience with culture change is a strong plus.
• Thinks and acts like a business person, able to drive results through others.
• Possesses and is able to demonstrate concise, articulate and confident communication skills (verbal and written), facilitation and presentation skills and time management skills.
• Demonstrates proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis, process definition and continuous learning.
• Accustomed to senior management interaction and able to influence senior management.
• Comfortable with a high paced environment with managing competing priorities.
• Speaks and understands the language of research, development and clinical development.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; advanced degree such as MBA, or Master’s in Organization Development preferred. Significant (10+ total HR) experience in pharma/biopharma.
Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills. Word and ability to work with Excel spreadsheets is required. PowerPoint will be useful. HRIS experience a plus. Work Environment:
There are no extreme conditions within this work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Fast-paced general office environment. Some stress may occur.