2021 Career Change
You may not have been lucky enough to choose the right career from the beginning. You might wonder if there’s still time. Yes, there’s still time, but it’s important to make an effective plan for a 2021 Career Change
. It’s necessary to be thoughtful, but you must also be a person of action.
Career Change Ideas
Photo through Creative Commons on Pixabay
MAKE A LIST OF YOUR STRENGTHS AND SKILLS.
WHAT DO YOU ENJOY?
- Unless you have a lot of money in the bank or a spouse with a great job, it’s important that your career change be successful. Now isn’t the time in your life to experiment on something with little chance of success. Your golden years are rapidly approaching.
- Make a complete list of what you’re good at and what you’re an expert at.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO LEARN?
- The path to success consists of combining what you enjoy with your skills and expertise.
WHOM DO YOU KNOW THAT CAN HELP?
- Any career change will require new knowledge. Have you considered the costs associated with a career change? Where can you get the training you need? Do you need to go back to school? Take an online course? Take a part-time job in the field? Put in time as an intern?
CONSIDER BECOMING AN ENTREPRENEUR.
- You may have a friend, family member, or former employer willing to give you a chance in the career you desire. Assuming you’re at least 40, you’ve gotten to know a lot of people over the years. This is one of the advantages you have over the 20-something crowd. Leverage your resources.
ENSURE THAT YOUR FINANCIAL HOUSE IS IN ORDER.
- This may be the only field that actually doesn’t care at all about your age. In the past, entrepreneurship required a brick and mortar store or office. That’s no longer the case. It’s easy to set up a business online at a minimal cost. Entrepreneurship is blind to your age.
- It can take a while to get back to your original income. Do you need to downsize your lifestyle? Do you have sufficient savings to make the leap to a new career?
You can change careers after 40. However, the level of risk increases with your age. Ensure that you are able to handle the risks. There’s still time to enjoy a career that you love!
About the author
Mandy Fard is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW, CMRW) and Recruiter with decades of experience in assisting job seekers, working directly with employers in multiple industries, and writing proven-effective resumes.
You need to be a member of RecruitingBlogs to add comments!