The Institutional Client Group (ICG) Performance Measurement & Analysis team is a newly formed global function, created to provide senior management with business intelligence on performance, exposure and productivity across all product groups.
As part of a new team being formed in New York, deliver tactical and strategic business intelligence solutions which will measure and help improve operational performance, increase productivity and reduce exposure.
Perform data analysis and testing at a regional level to deliver phase one of the global strategic measurement and analytics reporting tool for 2009, focusing on balance sheet exposure data analysis and testing.
Product coverage includes execution and settlement volumes, operational balance sheet and non-balance sheet exposure, capacity, headcount, expenses and revenues. Product includes executive Business Performance Management reporting, consolidating Operations monthly performance, analytics and trend analysis.
Tasks Include :
• Face-off with Operations Line managers as a member of the central Performance Measurement & Analysis team to gather business requirements and understand full reporting needs and demands
• Develop and manage data specifications aligned to various balance sheet exposure control metrics aligned to internal processes and systems information
• Facilitate meetings with line managers and subject matter experts to breakdown balance sheet data analysis associated to four key KRIs: fails, cash nostro and stock depot breaks, and outstanding payables and receivables.
• Understand appropriate processes and systems working with the Line and IT to ensure development of data feeds are aligned with requirements.
• Develop and execute test plans that will ensure business requirements have been met / create test scripts including specific test cases and expected results
• Ensure deliverables are being met on a timely basis
• Define and build the necessary controls to ensure reporting integrity by comparing exposure to the general ledger and source platforms.
• Business Objects experience and application experience a big plus.
- Strong Business Analyst / MIS Analyst with minimum three years experience in Investment Banking Operations, ideally within the Business Intelligence realm with exposure to operational risk and control
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to build consensus. History of success working in a team environment.
- Flexibility to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Quickly grasp and master new requirements and related knowledge
- Monitor tight deadlines or unexpected requirement changes
- Willingness to ask questions, challenge the process and seek out answers
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and take ownership of various parts of the project
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio are essential
- Working knowledge of data warehouse and B.I. tools, specifically Business Objects
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS POSITION:
Exposure to our Global Capital Markets Operations. Broadened understanding of diverse Citigroup geographies, their processes and challenges. Increased technical understanding of Citigroup's Global Capital Markets Trading Businesses. Direct impact on processes and technology infrastructure, to support a vibrant business segment.
CAO Office Location:
New York Date
post your fitting profiles to - firstname.lastname@example.org