The sweeping demographic transformation in the nation’s workforce is creating unique opportunities and challenges for career management professionals, universities and employers.
Success is dependent upon evolving your cultural proficiency in serving the needs of your multicultural clients and employees.
To address these demands, Global Diversity Solutions Group, LLC
has partnered with Kennedy Information’s Career Management Alliance
and the National Resume Writers Association
to deliver a dynamic, cost-effective and content rich three-part webinar series. The program is based on highly rated workshops and full day professional development institutes delivered at major national organizations. You may choose to attend the complete series or the individual programs of your choice.
Each unique session delivers in depth coverage on the following topics:
May 15, 2009 3:00 p.m. ET/Noon PT Leveraging Your Client’s Multicultural Advantage for Job Search Suc...
June 5, 2009 1:00 p.m. ET/11 PT The Multicultural Resume™: Crafting and Marketing Interview-Generat...
TBA Best Practices for Coaching Multicultural Clients: Building Relation...
: If you are not able to attend any session, you can still register to access the archieved webinar and all handouts after 24 hours of the presentation date.
: 1 hour/program
: Host Organization Members: $35/webinar or Non-Members: $45/webinar
Murray A. Mann and Rose Mary Bombela-Tobias
Principals, Global Diversity Solutions Group, LLC
Authors, Barron’s The Complete Job Search Guide for Latinos
(presenter bios are at the end of this post)
: Click on the title for each session listed above or contact email@example.com
Below are complete descriptions for each webinar
Leveraging Your Client’s Multicultural Advantage for Job Search Success
Companies are seeking diverse talent to gain a competitive advantage in today’s turbulent economy. At the same time, most employers are having difficulties in attracting top multicultural candidates who match the company’s needs.
How can your clients leverage the value of their diverse backgrounds to secure employment and advance their careers?
You will learn:
• Latest Trends in Employer Diversity Recruitment and Hiring Practices
• Primary Components of Effective Multicultural Career Marketing Documents
• Leveraging your Clients Personal Brand and Avoid Being Labeled
• Networking with Multicultural Organizations, Professional Associations, and Career Groups
• Online Multicultural Social Networks
• Company-based Diversity Access Roads, Avoiding the Gatekeepers
• Multicultural Interviewing Strategies
• Addressing Discrimination and Inappropriate or Illegal Questions
• Diversity Career Management Resources
• Career Road Maps For Multicultural Clients
• Content Rich PowerPoint Presentation
• Multicultural Job Search Checklists
• Diversity Career Management Resource URLs.
The Multicultural Resume™: Crafting and Marketing Interview-Generating Career Documents for Clients of Diverse Backgrounds
This first-ever webinar is exclusively focused on diversity-specific, career-document strategies for minorities, women, and people with disabilities, immigrants, and GLBT clients.
Even in an economic downturn, the competition for multicultural employees is intense. Recruiters are using targeted talent-acquisition tools to legally identify candidates with diverse backgrounds from their career marketing communications.
Provide your multicultural clients with the best job-search documents and marketing strategies to succeed in today’s marketplace.
This comprehensive session will provide resume writers and career coaches with:
• The latest trends and specific practices employers use to identify multicultural talent from resumes, cover letters, online profiles and other career communications.
• Document-content strategies, essential keywords and phrases with examples from successful client tools.
• Diversity-specific marketing approaches for career documents and employer contact points for multicultural clients.
Handouts will include:
• PowerPoint presentation
• Multicultural career-marketing document samples
• Actionable checklists
• Resource URLs
Best Practices for Coaching Multicultural Clients: Building Relationships for a Winning Dynamic
Working with today’s multicultural diverse workforce requires building relationships and cultural competences to help your clients’ position themselves for success. This program delivers the latest research, proven strategies, tools and resources essential for delivering effective career management services to multicultural clients. The session updates and expands the coaching segment of the presenters’ highly rate 2008 Kennedy Information Career Management Alliance Annual Conference Workshop.
The webinar covers:
• Key cultural factors that impact multicultural career development, job search, employment selection and career management
• The CULTURES™ Coaching Framework
• Targeted techniques for engaging and coaching multicultural clients
• Multicultural Inventory for Career Assessment, Search and Advancement - MICASA™
• The RESPECT™ career management models
• How to become a career services provider of choice for multicultural clients
• Content Rich PowerPoint Presentation
• Multicultural Coaching Checklists
• Resource URLs
Murray A. Mann, CCM, CPBS, and Rose Mary Bombela-Tobias are principals of Global Diversity Solutions Group, a diversity-inclusion consulting and multicultural career management firm; authors of Barron’s The Complete Job Search Guide for Latinos
; and career columnists in print and online. They deliver more than 30 years of diversity-inclusion thought leadership and human resources management stewardship in the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors.
Murray and Rose Mary have been featured nationally in a wide range of electronic media including 60 Minutes; print media including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Diversity Inc. Black Enterprise, Hispanic Professional, more; and in 16 career management books. They have presented at Kennedy Information’s Career Management Alliance, International Coach Federation SIG, NRWA, National Association of Colleges and Employers, International Career Development Conference, National Association of Minority Media Executives, National Society of Hispanic MBAs, NAACP Diversity Career events and numerous other organizations. They have served on the boards of several industry and multicultural associations.