Starting on June 26-29, the Society for Human Resource and Management’s annual expo is taking place in bright and bustling Las Vegas, Nevada. With a huge number of sessions, exhibits, presentations, no doubt your days will be full of new ideas and connections. Once you leave the exhibit hall, however, there is a whole city at your feet. Whether you plan on taking a new acquaintance out to dinner or strolling along the strip, human capital is first about humans, so here are some Las Vegas hot spots that might strike your fancy.
- Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art – If you’re interested in going somewhere calm and relaxing, try this place. Just like the rest of the Bellagio, it boasts a considerable amount of beauty, with a collection containing artists from Renoir to Picasso.
- Pink’s Las Vegas – Hot dogs are one of those things everyone loves but not everyone is willing to admit. Famous for their atmosphere and menu devoted entirely to the delicious dog, this is a great place to grab a quality bite. Plus, you can get chili cheese fries with that.
- Dino’s Lounge – Sometimes, after a really long day, you just need to unwind. That’s why there are places like Dino’s Lounge. Open late and long, Dino’s lays a claim on some of the best karaoke bar action in Vegas. I dare you to sing something.
- Qua Bath and Spa – I know it’s hard to relax sometimes and while I don’t think I could ever lay down for a massage from a stranger, I know a lot of people who live and swear by the spa experience. This place, located in Caesar’s Palace, is rumored to be one of the best, with specials like a Mojave rain massage that is said to calm even the most jittery of nerves.
- Antique Mall of America – A collection of boutiques on the southern end of Las Vegas boulevard – a great place to walk around, unwind, and maybe find something one of a kind to take home as a souvenir.
- Adventuredome! – We know that we will be spending all day working hard and being adult. I just want to let you know now that there is nothing wrong with letting your inner child out for a while at the end of the day. Circus Circus’ indoor theme park, the Adventuredome, is just the place to do that.
- Madame Tussauds – A Vegas tourism tradition is seeing the wax figures at Madame Tussauds. Whether you find it creepy or cool, it’s an experience everyone should try.
- Casnios! – Of course you will have a number of casinos you can go to. I mean, that is what Las Vegas is known for after all. I couldn’t pick just one to recommend to you because they all have the same overwhelming ambience that everything on the Strip does. Throw a quarter in a machine for me for good luck!
I hope to see you all at SHRM, and maybe, with a little help from this list, even out on the town at night! Don’t forget that the first 50 people who follow Bond Talent on LinkedIn or Twitterbetween June 6th and June 26th will receive a free one-day pass to the Exposition! Please visit us at Booth #717, where you can swipe your Badge before you leave the SHRM Expo.