San Clemente, Ca 92673
949.690.9947 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective: Seeking work in the area of staffing, recruitment, headhunting, and or names research. I’m experienced in semiconductors, 802.11x modems, networking hardware, HD video, optics, healthcare, pharma, medical devices, software.
Successful and creative senior recruiter with extensive experience in envisioning and implementing recruiting and sourcing strategies. Self motivated, intelligent and hard working with strong problem solving and analytical skills. Able to utilize technologies towards improving efficiencies and achieving measurable results. Exceptional skills in project management and communicating with and working with hiring manager onsite, candidates, and a short list of exceptional 3rd party search firms. Responsible for building sourcing strategy, identifying top talent, building candidate relationships, presenting candidates to hiring managers and contributing to hiring decisions. I've worked as a Corporate Recruiter in-house with HR and Staffing, usually as a consultant working in a combination of onsite and offsite; VPN into the network and work from home office. Twice I’ve been the sole staffing and recruiting person for fast growing companies, total 4 yrs in this role.
● Luxtera: 10G High speed mixed signal IC/Chip with Fiber Optics and Opto-Electronics. SOI CMOS Transceiver, HD Video, Networking.
● Linksys/Cisco: Retail 802.11 Wireless Networks and Media Products.
● Broadcom Corp: Reed Channel Development for Drives. Recruiting PhD candidates in of the hotbed area of Colorado. 3 Hired to head up the development for Broadcom in Colorado. Additional Sourcing for local Broadcom Chip Development groups: 3G Handset, 802.11 Bluetooth, Controllers, Device Drivers, Cable/Satellite Set-Top Boxes, Gigabit Ethernet, Server/Storage Networks, Wireless Networks, Modems, Mobile Communications, Digital Subscriber Line, Broadband Processors, Bluetooth, VoIP
● Cybercoders: Biotech, Medical, Healthcare, Chargemaster HIPPA Compliant Software Projects, Genetics, Ph.D.’s, Credit Card Company Statistical Engineering, Data Warehousing, Executive Sales for Chargemaster Software.
● Entropic: Short Contract concurrently with Luxtera. Contract for Broadband HD Video Engineers.
Qualifications and Skills:
● Full-cycle recruitment experience with high volume recruitment
● Strong recruiter for technical and non-technical positions
● Seek, build and retain strong qualified candidate pool
● Develop and manage a strong pipeline of qualified candidates
● Ability to build rapport with people on many levels
● Successful at building and leveraging partner relationships
● Attendee of local and national events/tradeshows that generate leads
● Reference checks, background checks, drug testing
● Administer vendor contracts and relationships
● Database Management
● Employee Relations
● Process and ATS training
● Web 2.0; Social Networking, RSS Feeds, Low activity Blogs with widgets for wider reach for inactive candidates
● Cross Networking for inexpensive or free Job Posts on Niche engineering sites for jobs
● Social Media/Business/Social Networking: Linkedin.com 1900 contacts, NING and others.
Luxtera, Inc. (Start up) Carlsbad, Ca
Staffing and Recruiting Manager January 2006 – December 2008 (As a result of no anticipated hires, my position was eliminated)
Fiber Optics, Optoelectronic, and Semiconductor space. CMOS High Speed Mixed Signal 10G/40G IC
As the sole staffing and recruiting person, my duties were to source, screen and recruit exceptional engineers, managers, professionals and C-level executives. Schedule interview teams and guide the Interviews. Filled numerous positions in Engineering, Optics, Finance, IT, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing. Prepared metric reports. Recognized for providing exceptional customer service to hiring managers and producing high quality hires. We grew from 40 to 85.
● Created strong network and candidate pool of active and passive candidates
● Created strong presence for Luxtera on Internet driving active and passive candidates to Luxtera
● Tools used: Career Builder, Monster, Linkedin.com, Spoke, Jobster, and various niche resume boards
● Created Marketing Tools and Documents for Tradeshows for attracting passive candidates
● Strong Referral and reference network
● Metrics tracking and reports
● Administered NDA’s
● Schedule, Guide and Manage Interviews
● Internships; recruited for and managed university relationship
● Managed relationships with outside vendors
● Ramping up Luxtera, the small to mid sized start-up with hires of tiles such as: Senior Design & Verification Engineers, Test Engineers,
FAE's, IC Layout, Marketing, Sales, Finance, FAE’s, Application Engineer’s, IT, and for all other G&A positions.
Page 1 of 3
HireAbility Network Exchange
Independent Recruiting Manager June 2005 – January 2006
Independent Recruiting Manager working with fellow Staffing and Recruiting professionals to make placements and provide for our clients staffing and hiring needs.
Linksys, a Cisco Company Irvine, Ca
Contract Staffing Manager October 2004 – February 2005
Working with Human Resources Director, Compensations and Benefits, Hiring Managers and Administration. Providing recruitment and staffing. Involved with negotiating offers. Weekly headcount report. Meeting and working with Hiring Managers to fill their requirements. Recruiting off resume boards, networking, online resources, and referrals. Working with IT for database development and recruitment strategies.
Broadcom Corporation Irvine, Ca Irvine, Ca
Technical Sourcing Recruiting consultant December 2003 – August 2004
Using Virtual Edge E* Track Applicant Tracking System, Talent Hook, Subscribed Job Boards, IEEE, Career Fairs and Direct Networking to Source Top Talent for Broadcom Bay Area, Broadcom Irvine and Broadcom Global. Engineering in all areas of IC chip design: Software, Hardware, Design, Layout, Embedded, Verification, all the way to tape out. Mobile & Wireless, Enterprise Networking, Central Engineering, and Broadband. System-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions incorporating digital, analog, radio frequency (RF), microprocessor and digital signal processing (DSP) technologies, as well as related hardware and software system-level applications. Additional IT and G&A positions as well. On review and decision making committee for the redesign of our career pages online with external agency. Driving new additions and capabilities to our ATS (Applicant Tracking System) for end users on Career pages and Internal Process.
SDS, Inc. San Clemente, Ca
Contract Consultant April 2003 – December 2003
Contract Consultant working with their client base. A departure from recruiting when the job market was down. Working with their client base on Debt Consolidation for their clients. Left to pursue my profession, recruiting, in a recovering job market.
CyberCoders/CyberScientific Agency Aliso Viejo, Ca
Senior Recruiter and Account Manager July 2002 – March 2003
Client and candidate management for a National recruiting agency servicing all US States as well as Canada. Full-cycle recruitment. CyberCoders via the net brings the clients in. With the high level of software tools: TalentHook, and the internal Web based proprietary tools and database, have been able to provide excellent candidates to the clients. Reference and background checks provided when requested. Recruiting Technical, Engineering, BioSciences, BioTech, Life Sciences, Genetics, Ph.D.’s, Medical, MCO’s, Claims, Reimbursements, Data Warehousing, Healthcare, Executive Sales, HIPPA, Land Development, Financial, Credit Card Services, Banking. Left to help a friend get SDS, Inc company get off the ground.
Guruwireless San Clemente, Ca
Contract Recruiting Specialist March 2001 – July 2002
Project and Contract Recruiting using a network of contacts with partners, clients and candidates. Work including employment agency, Ad Tek Engineering, Inc. in Santa Ana for most of the year. Produced candidates for the Medical Industry: R&D Engineers, Chemists, 3D Design Engineers. Aerospace: Design Engineers, Security Clearances. Commercial Industries; Various Positions. Contract, contract to hire and permanent placements. Performed using company database for tracking candidate and client information. Source networking groups for consultants and leads. Internet for passive and active candidates. Also worked on Recruiting project for the Pro/E Engineering group of Southern California which led to a recruiting event at Cal State Fullerton. Contract, contract to hire and permanent placements. Source networking groups for consultants, leads and referrals. Internet for passive and active candidates. Internal and external Databases.
Mariner Networks (Start up) Telecommunications Co. Anaheim, Ca
Human Resources: Corporate Staffing and Recruiting Manager April 2000-Feburary 2001
Managed the staffing augmentation for the development of the Multi Service Broadband Access line of Products. Managing the recruitment process to bring in the right skill sets of Hardware and Software Design Engineers for the development of our beta products and customization products for various CLEC customers. Review, pre-screen, interview and recommend talent. Provide guidance to staff to promote a productive workflow and team environment. Performed as the Lead Corporate Recruiter for a company of 30, working to triple in a year. Hired 85% of goal before company was influenced by recession and lay offs. Most of my recruiting was of Hardware and Software Design Engineers.
● Supported the President, V.P. of Engineering, V.P. of Marketing, Managers of Software and Hardware
Engineering and the Financial Controller to build each group and staff the company
● Weekly meeting with Executive Leadership Team to pace company's direction, discuss needs,
cultivate strategy and make decisions
● Recruit, qualify and present candidates with managing all elements of recruiting process with reference
checks and negotiating salary with stock options package
● Advise and work with senior management to create job descriptions and high performing teams in all areas
of company's function
● Coordinate and Recruit using Internet job boards, passive and active candidates on the web, referrals,
through UCI’s graduate program, job fairs, fellow recruiter contacts, and working with top agencies
● Managed and diffused employee relations issues
● Have achieved an excellent reference from Mariner Networks
Page 2 of 3
Glotel Inc. (formerly Comms People) IT Agency San Jose, Ca
Account Executive & Recruiter June 1998-March 2000
Expanded Sales and Business Development for global B2B consulting company. Glotel is a human capital solutions provider focusing on the technology markets in Silicon Valley. Created a book of business and gained loyal clients with Fortune 1000 and Top Technology Companies. Was main contributor in sales to win a successful national sales contest April 1999. Established national and regional contracts with clients and business partners to meet company growth projections. Recruited and filled several positions to close business.
Bell Industries San Jose, Ca
Account Executive 1995 - 1998
Account Executive for the Commerical Graphics and Printing Industry. Selling Capital Equipment and Litho Supplies. VAR with offerings from SGI, Desktop Software and Hardware such as Apple and Photoshop, Digital Pre-Presses and Digital High End Printers from Agfa, Konica, 3M, Anitec, Kodak.
San Jose State University
BA Communications/RTVF 1994
Advertising Minor with Marketing studies
Saddleback College: Human Resource Management Certification Course 2003
Lou Adler, Recruiting Specialist - In Person Training at Broadcom 2004
Job Fair Broadcom 2004
Digital Orange County and VIC Events
Recruiting Seminars: Marriott Irvine
Networking Interop in Atlanta, Georgia 2000
Recruiting at Booth for Mariner Networks
San Francisco Moscone Center for COMDEX
AHIMA 2002/Microsoft Exchange Conference Anaheim 2002
Microsoft Windows 9x, NT, ME, 2000, XP/MAC and MAC with Parallel XP Windows
Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (calendar, internal scheduler, contacts)
Databases: C-PAS from Lotus Notes, CyberCoders Web Based
Software/Applications: Prohire/Vurv, Virtual Edge E* Track, Talent Hook, RecruitMAX, ACT, Goldmine
Data analysis, research, vendor tracking, client tracking, spreadsheets, budgets, presentations
Internet Savvy with knowledge of Networking; Information Technology
Page 3 of 3