As a belated mother's day gift to the mothers on the board...
Top 10 Reasons Mothers Make the Best Recruiters:
10. We’ve been lied to by enough men and children to know exactly what a lie looks like before it even gets out of a hiring manager or candidate’s mouth.
9. We’ve spent most of our lives surrounded by whiners so we are able to tune out anything annoying.
8. The meanest hiring managers/executives/company owners are not intimidating to a woman who has squeezed a child from her loins. We brought you here, we can take you out.
7. Negotiate a contract? There isn’t a mother alive who hasn’t negotiated an electric bill while cooking dinner, ironing her husband’s shirt, writing an e-mail, signing for a package, and convincing one or more children to not kill themselves or others.
6. We can make anyone believe anything. Don’t believe me? Does: “Oh baby, that’s so good, you’re so big, oh baby” sound familiar to you?
5. Budgeting time is not a problem. Budget is a mother’s middle name. We budget time with the husband, we budget time with the kids, the groceries are on a budget, entertainment is on a budget, shoes (sigh) are on a budget, clothing is on a budget, we budget time to the meter man, cable guy, plumber, and mechanic. Family and friends are on a budget, time walking the dog is on a budget, exercising is on a budget, “mommy time” is on a budget. Hell, the budgets are on a budget. Give us a number and we’ll give it back.
4. No amount of ball-busting will ever bring us down. Nobody can bust-balls like a mother and ours call us at least once a week to remind of us of our short-comings.
3. Recession? Haven’t bought new shoes in 2 years or a shirt costing over $20 since before we had kids. What recession?
2. Our husbands would have been rich if they hadn’t married us. We’re pretty sure we can talk that exec down $10k/yr in salary request.
The number one reason mother’s make the best recruiters:
1. Never underestimate a woman with mouths to feed.