The success at the ITIL Certification examination will open dazzling career and everyone aspires for such a career which promises not only a big fat salary but also equally fat respect. It is hence decisive to clear the ITIL Certification examination. There are different ways and methodical means to prepare for the examination like – enrolling to an online course, classroom training and audio-video CDs and the best is the “Preparatory Books”.
Books are your best friends- It is a legend that “books are your best friends”, and since ages, this has been proven true. You can refer to them anytime and every time you want to clear a problem, issues or a concept. You can carry them anywhere and everywhere and they don’t mind you troubling whatever number of times. But there are few things you must keep in mind before referring to any book for the preparation of examination as the quality and clarity of concepts should be correct and should not misguide you. The authenticity of the author needs to be checked and the publishing house needs to accredit.
To simplify things for you following are the top 5 ITIL Certification preparatory books for you to refer:-
You can also checkout: How to Prepare for Your ITIL Certifications Exam
- ITIL Lifecycle Publication Suite- This book is by the “Office of Government Commerce” (OGC)- Great Britain and has been designed to primarily cover the ITIL service lifecycle. It is in the form of five modules and each one captures the five stages of the lifecycle namely – Service Strategy; Service Design; Service Transition; Service Operations; and Continual Service Improvement. The set of five books are well knit and correlate with each other and talk about the IT service management as a practice. Each of the stages has been discussed in depth for unparallel clarity of the concepts, in each of the books. Buying the whole set is cost-effective rather than buying each module/book.
- Passing Your ITIL Foundation Exam- The book by Christian F. Nissen and OGC have latest ITIL contents and syllabus and offers the readers a practical approach to all the ITIL concepts for better understanding. The book has been designed in such a manner that an easy assimilation of ITIL knowledge and ITIL modules are done. There is sample ‘Case-Studies’, questions and sample examination papers to assess you. All such cases and questions have answers with an explanation in the book to support your learning. The book is from the “official publishers of ITIL” and hence the higher creditability.
- IT Service Management: A Guide for ITIL Foundation Exam Candidates 2nd Edition- The authors namely- Ernest Brewster, Richard Griffiths, and Aidan Lawes has put everything in this officially licensed product to make you your own assessment as the pattern is a – Study guide. The 200-page book is further divided into four segments –
- First Segment- Basics of IT Service Management
- Second Segment- ITIL Service Lifecycle
- Third Segment- ITIL processes and functions
- Fourth Segment- Measures
Additional Knowledge on – The book has the following additional subjects to offer -Business Relationship Management; Design Coordination; Strategy Management; Planning and Support. The book is published by the “BCS- The Chartered Institute for IT”.
- ITIL Foundation Complete Certification Kit-Study Book and e-learning Program-4th Edition- This 392 pages book from the publishers- EBook is a comprehensive book for anyone who is aspiring for ITIL Certification or examination. With a lot of graphical interpretation, this book is a complete package from the concepts of ITIL service lifecycle, to strategy and completing at continual service improvement. The book is designed as per the ITIL 2011 syllabus and has sample papers for practice. The author- Ivanka Menken has incorporated examples which are commonly found in a day-to-day operation and has well connected the same with the concepts of ITIL. It also has an “Adobe Flash Presentation” by certified ITIL trainers.
- ITIL Foundation Exam Study Guide- Authors Liz Gallacher and Helen Morris are themselves into service management consultancy and training for more than 20 years each and have incorporated that experience into the book. With more than 300 sample questions which can be found at the end of each chapter. They have provided the concept illustration in the form of graphs, charts, and flashcards as well. The ITIL principles and modules are narrated in a logical succession so that the concepts can be grabbed easily by the readers.
The above books can be referred by you anytime and each time you look forward to getting an answer or to solve a question related to ITIL Certification examinations you will definitely get them.