Location: Lake Success, NY
Duration: 6+ Months
Skills: WAS/WCS Administrator
Location: Lake Success, NY
On a scale from 1-7, 7 being the highest, communication must be at a 6 for oral and 5 for written
Description of Services:
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior WebSphere / eCommerce Administrator /Engineer (5-7 years experience) who will be responsible for maintaining and updating all existing Web systems (Internet/Intranet/Extranet) that employ scalable-advanced technologies. This key individual will be responsible for integrating Web systems with existing systems, enabling the creation of new Web enterprises or expanding business onto the Web. You will be working with the operations staff (UNIX, DBA, etc.), IT management, and vendors in resolution of highly complex technical problems.
This individual will need to be well versed in all aspects of Web operations including installation and setup, ongoing system operations, maintenance, monitoring, support and troubleshooting in a large production support environment (24/7).
• Install and maintain IBM eCommerce servers and software, develop scripts and establish configuration standards, work with Oracle DBA’s on system setup.
• Act as primary contact for Website related issues and provide basic training to other staff as required.
• Maintain and document revisions to eCommerce systems, including responses to system outages, in order to report on all aspects of system operations.
• Assist DBA Team with hardware capacity planning, testing and system migrations.
• Assist with responses to security exploitations and compromises as required
• Implement Web standards and processes around various data center activities to measure performance, capability, capacity, etc.
• Gather statistics to assist in hardware requirements and network bandwidth to support projected transaction volumes, response time and system availability while providing direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
• Work closely with other technology teams as required to prioritize activities and insure compliance to corporate and legal policies
• Provide on-call support as required.
• 5 - 7 years technical production and implementation support background. (Linux Admin, eCommerce Admin)
• Strong experience in IBM eCommerce Architecture and Admin (5+ years)
• Strong knowledge of Linux (including clusters) OS (5+ years)
• 3-5 Years eCommerce Admin experience supporting high volume web sites
• 3-5 years experience with Apache, Java, JSP, JavaBeans and JDBC
• 3-5 years IBM / Oracle (Applications, Server and Database) experience
• Significant experience in establishing, running and supporting a highly available, redundant server environment
• Experience with Oracle RAC database repositories
• Working knowledge of networking and switched network technologies
• Working knowledge of Disaster Recovery activities
• Working knowledge of HP and Intel Hardware technology
• Experience with enterprise monitoring suites is a plus