In the spirit of the season, I thought it would be worthwhile to give some thanks (sometimes you forget about it in the midst of everything else). So, in no particular order, here are a few things that I’m particularly thankful for this year:
* You: Seriously. I appreciate the time you spend reading this blog. I hope you find it worthwhile.
* Monster: It’s very useful for our industry to have a ‘big’ company to kick around. Plus it keeps the target off everyone else.
* Employers: Be they large or small, they fuel our industry and keep the economy running.
* The phrase ‘job boards are dying’: I mean, seriously, all I have to do to start a Twitter war is toss those words around, then sit back and watch the knives flash!
* IT folks: By and large, some of the nicest, smartest, and most interesting people I’ve known. And, by the by, they power everything that happens in our industry.
* Social media: It won’t kill job boards, but it’s sure going to make them more interesting.
* My clients: You know who you are. You’re great!
* Thanksgiving dinner: Whether you have turkey or tofu, it’s a chance to focus on food, family, and friends. What could be better?
So how about you? What are you thankful for this year?