1. I made a decision NOT to be road-kill during this economic crisis. If I am to forecast anything, it won't be my own demise, LOL.
2. When I am between assignments, finding that next assignment IS my assignment, and I treat myself like I treat my best candidate.
3. I start my workday when others are asleep. I start @ 6:30 am. I put in a full day and I still have day light to do things which I enjoy...like finishing a book that I am writing.
4. I don't dwell upon the doom and gloom of the daily news casts. Sure, I peek to see what the general news is from time to time. But a daily steady diet of: "The world is crashing" doesn't do a *thing* to energize my day. In fact, it makes me want to pull the covers over my head. So, I proactively and (perhaps) bullishly march forward...stilettos notwithstanding.
5. I use every tool that I possibly can, to make sourcing easy for me. I am the gadget queen! I love technology and find that it takes the drudgery out of things for me. But you know, I still enjoy the hand written "thank-you" note. There will always be a place for etiquette and good taste!