Why am I a smart recruiter- after 20 years i've learned a few rules I live by each day:
1. Serve the candidate and the client
2. Have 2 ears to listen and only 1 mouth to speak
3. Each person is unique surprisingly fascinating
4. Identify what the candidate is really looking for and find that.
5. Always make it fun and interesting to speak with me
7. All we have is our reputation. Take good care of it.
8. Never sell a job or a candidate, help them WANT it.
9. Focus on one person at a time- intently.
10. Treat everyone like they'll be a candidate or client someday
11. Never lose track of anyone you've met
12. Believe in your client and your candidate
13. I won't find everyone a job, but I sure can try:-)
14. Know what's going on in my market
15. Keep up to date on trends and technology
16. Understand what the client needs- every aspect of it
I can source in a variety of ways, find the "passion" in each opportunity/client/candidate, and start closing from the first Hi. It's a process - never skip a step. I ask those tough questions first and am not afraid to be respectfully honest. But most of all, I let my enthusiasm and committment show. This is great fun!