Time: July 23, 2009 from 4pm to 7:30pm
Location: Argosy University in Schaumburg Campus
Street: 999 N. Plaza Dr.
City/Town: Schaumburg, IL 60173-5403
Website or Map: http://www.illinoisrecruiters…
Event Type: training, seminar, and, networking, event
Organized By: Thomas F.X. Licari
Latest Activity: Jul 20, 2009
Sign up now to be a part of this fantastic learning & networking event. You will discover the latest recruiting trends in the Reference Check 2.0 space from Yves Lermusi the leading expert in the field. This is your opportunity to learn new ideas and build your recruiting network at the same time. Attending this event will provide you with tips and strategies that will help you make your recruiting efforts more cost efficient.
Tickets: Only 85 seats available for this event and they will go fast so please don’t delay register for tickets now on at http://illinoisrecruiters.eventbrite.com.
Special Event Attendees Bonus: Each member that signs up for the event will receive a free week’s use of Checkster. Perform 10 Reference Checkups during that free week; it is a $400 value! For more information about Checkster visit: http://www.checkster.com//web/go.php?r=10&i=4
Topic: “Reference Check 2.0 -How Digital Social Networking is Transforming the Selection Process to improve your quality of hires.
- How can the traditional and much-debated reference check process be transformed into your best ally for your hiring process? This presentation will first give you a benchmark for the traditional reference check based on a survey of 150 practitioners. From this information you will learn what questions these people find to be the most useful; how much time they spend on it; and how you can improve your results. Secondly, this presentation will show you how leveraging the internet as a social networking tool can help you transform your reference check practice into a true assessment tool to improve the quality of hires.
Participants in this class will gain a better understanding of the following:
• How to use the latest technologies such as social networking to check references
• Know which questions are the best to reveal top performers
• Know the best practices (based on a survey of 150 practitioners)
• How to eliminate the legal challenges reference checking might bring
• How to avoid candidates gaming the system
• How to dramatically increase the number of references while reducing your time calling them
• How to turn automated reference checking into a cheap sourcing tool
Key Note Speaker: Yves Lermusi (aka Lermusiaux) CEO of Checkster – Yves complete speaker bio is posted on www.illinoisrecruiters.org or visit Checkster website http://www.checkster.com//web/go.php?r=10&i=4
Date: Thursday, July 23rd 2009
Training Seminar Location: Argosy University in Schaumburg Campus; 999 N. Plaza Dr.
8th Floor, Schaumburg, IL 60173-5403 Phone: 847-969-4900
Time: Training starts at 4:00pm and goes to 5:30pm
Networking Happy Hour: Directly after the training seminar at 5:30pm a Networking Happy Hour will be held at:
John Barleycorn - SCHAUMBURG
1100 American Lane, Schaumburg, IL 60173
Phone: 847.619.5540 (Restaurant contact: Crystel Lining) http://www.johnbarleycorn.com
• Those participating in the Networking Happy Hour will be:
o The entire class, including the class instructor
o The Networking Happy Hour will be open to those who could not get tickets for the class.
Tickets: Available for purchase $35.00 per ticket on http://www.illinoisrecruiters.org and http://illinoisrecruiters.eventbrite.com .
For more information feel free to contact me directly,
Thomas F.X. Licari
The Illinois Recruiters Association
Sign up for our Ning Group: http://illinoisrecruiter.ning.com/
Join our LinkedIn Group: http://www.linkedin.com/groupRegistration?gid=46943
Join us on Face Book: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=70680371592
SIGN UP for our 07/23/2009 event: http://illinoisrecruiters.eventbrite.com