Software as a service and role based assessment in lue of the human element

I just completed a conversation with a new heavily funded new age recruiting model, and they are out to oust the 3rd partry recruiter from the placement process. They have all the candidates participate in an assessment and then they automatically match that to their clients needs, and they charge 14% for the deal, if one happens. I have LOTS of thoughts about the pros and cons to this approach, I however want to find out what you think.

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't see software replacing the 3rd party recruiter anytime soon. There's just so many variables - like personality - that a software service will not be able to pick up. I'd have to see this "heavily funded" recruiting model to really comment. What's the site/app?
I've heard this with many new hr technology companies...remember how the job boards like Monster were supposed to be the death of us? First thing I thought of when I read about this latest one is 'where do the candidates come from?' Technology is just one small piece of the recruiting puzzle.

~Pam
omni lx...omni leadership exchange. I think people will always rule, and these guys have a nice marketing approach, one I will use for keenhire.com
Maren, can I be an actress?? Actually you'd be surprised what assessments, not all but some can tell. Anytime you'd like a sample, I can show you. They are cool as an augment to what we do, however I have seen excellent assessments of total jerks...so there you have it.
Agreed. I do think we need to take notice whenever a new player and concept arrives - as it does change the way our clients think, act and behave.....and people are people and will ALWAYS be needed, sometimes they just need some tools :) thanks for commenting.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service