I was just curious as to how many client (external) submittals that you are required to produce on a weekly basis? I am being asked to produce 20 per week and with the requirements that I am working, I'm finding it hard to meet that goal. Thoughts?

Views: 1140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Holli,

In my experience, it depends. It depends on the industry specialties, how well the agency is known within them, and how well you know those industries; It depends on the functional specialties, how well the agency is known within them, and how well you know those specialties; It depends on the commitment that your agency has to real recruiter training and truly helpful support or their recruiters.

One of the classic examples of insanity within our industry, is in recruiting managers initiating efficiency-related goals and objectives, before they initiate effectiveness-related recruiting goals and objectives. By that I mean, one should perform skill well several times before one should be expected to add the factor of time into the evaluation of their performance.

All the Best!

Ray "VirtualSourcer" Towle
+++
Is this is your direct client requirements? If so may i help you in submittals.
You've got to be kidding me here, aren't you? I checked out your profile and I see you are in I.T. staffing. So am I. I can not imagine being able to produce 4 submittals (intro's) every day. No way. No how.

Hopefully we're not talking about the same thing. That is possible. For me a submittal is someone I firmly believe is: qualified, interested and available. I absolutely expect my client to interview them. A ratio of 2 submittals to 1 send out would be the minimum result. You really should expect 1.5 intro's to 1 send out. So at a minimum you're expected to do 40 send-outs a month? Most I.T. desks would run out of gas trying to pull that off for a whole week - let alone 2 weeks in a row.

I must be missing something................

Good luck!
Jerry I am in IT and I can see how someone could do this....

Jerry Albright said:
You've got to be kidding me here, aren't you? I checked out your profile and I see you are in I.T. staffing. So am I. I can not imagine being able to produce 4 submittals (intro's) every day. No way. No how.

Hopefully we're not talking about the same thing. That is possible. For me a submittal is someone I firmly believe is: qualified, interested and available. I absolutely expect my client to interview them. A ratio of 2 submittals to 1 send out would be the minimum result. You really should expect 1.5 intro's to 1 send out. So at a minimum you're expected to do 40 send-outs a month? Most I.T. desks would run out of gas trying to pull that off for a whole week - let alone 2 weeks in a row.

I must be missing something................

Good luck!
I have been hiring and managing IT Recruiters for over 12 years now and I can say without question.  On average its near impossible for a recruiter to make worthwhile money without 12-15 good send outs on quality jobs per week.  20 Per week is high unless you are working VMS jobs.  No matter what anyone says if you arent submitting at least 2-3 good candidates per day you have WAY too much free time on your hands.  If you dont have enough jobs to be able to submit 2-3 good candidates daily then you need to go get more jobs. 
I'm in IT consulting on the sales side, but grew up as a recruiter.  40 a week is high.  All it does is cause the recruiter to submit people who are not fully qualified.  They haven't had time to build a relationship, dig deep into technical ability, or get permission for submittals.  In other words your just slinging ---- hopeing something will stick. 
Did you mean 40 per month or per week?

Marcia Tiemeyer said:
I'm in IT consulting on the sales side, but grew up as a recruiter.  40 a week is high.  All it does is cause the recruiter to submit people who are not fully qualified.  They haven't had time to build a relationship, dig deep into technical ability, or get permission for submittals.  In other words your just slinging ---- hopeing something will stick. 
I'm sorry, my bad.  I transposed a number.  she has been asked to have 20 submittals a week.  That is a high number if you want to build a relationship and a working trust.  I want my recruiters to earn the trust of the candidate so that we are the only source they are working with on our jobs.  If you know your candidate well enough, you know what jobs they are truely a fit for and you have a much better chance of getting a placement, thus saving everyone time as you make the client happy.  20 submittals a week doesn't give the recruiter the time to build that relationship with the candidate.  They have to find out basic info and move on to the next candidate.

Holli, not sure what industry or niche you work. Maybe I've missed something but you don't provide a great deal of the context necessary to make an informed response.

I've been in the IT Staffing Industry for over 15 years. 12 - 15 submits should be a goal if you are strictly on the Recruiting side ( supporting a sales force, not required to generate leads as well ). However, it certainly does depend on the type of positions that you support even within IT. Sending over 20 Desktop or Helpdesk candidates a week would not be a problem ... But sending over 20 submits comprised of Oracle ADF Developers, SAP Basis Admins, and Certified VMWare professionals, etc might be ...

If I could find 20 well matched candidates per week then I would elated and would probably get them out plus a few more BUT my clients come to me because the candidates they want are elusive! Some weeks I may only find 3 good ones but if 2 of them or even 1 gets placed then that is a good ratio. We have a company policy-only the 2 very best CV's are sent-we do not expect our clients to do our work for us. I think targets are good for trainees buit established billing recruiters and their managers should not get hung up on targets and KPI's. Good consultants know what their priorities are and what they have to do to keep their jobs!
I dont believe that its possible to submit 20 well matched candidates per week.  Once again.  I believe 2-3 per day is an achievable goal.  I have heard of seasoned recruiters doing just fine on 7 send outs per week but we are talking about a recruiter with long standing relationships.  In other words the seasoned recruiter can get 2-3 good contract placements per month with 28-30 submissions where the new recruiter needs to make up for his/her lack of strong relationships with higher volume.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Subscribe

All the recruiting news you see here, delivered straight to your inbox.

Just enter your e-mail address below

Webinar

RecruitingBlogs on Twitter

© 2024   All Rights Reserved   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service